Prince Charles has proved to be the most stylish male in the royal family as he has been ranked in sixth place on GQ's Best Dressed Men in 2019.
The 70-year-old has beaten a string of hunks to the hot spot, including his own son Prince William, as well as Black Panther's Chadwick Boseman, Bohemian Rhapsody star Rami Malek and Ryan Gosling – shocked? So are we!
The heir to the British throne also beat models David Gandy and David Beckham (only just) to the top spot, although it was Donald Glover who took the number one place as the ultimate style icon.
The Prince of Wales – who was ranked in twentieth position in the publication's best dressed list last year – was awarded the title for the head-turning tailoring he adorned at the royal weddings this year, as well as at royal engagements. But most importantly, Charles has widely escaped any fashion faux pas during his lifetime and THAT is what is most impressive.
Speaking about Duchess Camilla's partner's style, the publication reads: "If you ask us, he's already got the wardrobe necessary to become the best-dressed monarch since George IV (albeit with fewer pairs of tights, thankfully)."
Charles' signature look is a tailored two piece with a shirt and tie. But Prince George's granddad scores extra brownie points for his attention to detail, as he is rarely spotted without his sunglasses over the warmer months, and a pocket handkerchief at all times.
At the Sandringham Flower Show in July 2018, Charles sported a neutral suit with a pale pink shirt and pocket handkerchief. For Charles' 70th birthday celebration he and the Duchess of Cornwall became #couplegoals as they co-ordinated with their royal blue ensembles.
But Charles really laid down the groundwork to lay claim to the Best Dressed title at the two royal weddings this year. For Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's marital ceremony, which saw Charles walk the former Suits actress down the aisle, he looked dapper in a grey penguin suit, and pale lilac tie.
Charles appeared to recycle the suit for the second royal wedding of 2018 when Princess Eugenie married Jack Brooksbank in October. Although Charles wore a blue patterned tie for the occasion.
So men, take note – it's all in the detail.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019