For Prince Charles' 70th birthday, Clarence House did something unprecedented. They permanently opened up the home he shares with wife Camilla Parker Bowles to the public. Not literally - but virtually.
Now, thanks to the help of Google technology, you can take a 3D virtual tour of the palace.
Charles and Camilla have lived in Clarence House since 2003. Before that, it was home to The Queen Mother who lived there for 50 years. And before The Queen Mother, Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip called it home between 1949 and 1952. Charles spent the first part of his childhood there, before the family moved into Buckingham Palace when Elizabeth became Queen.
Clarence House is situated on The Mall in London next to St James's Palace. It was built between 1825 and 1827 for The Duke of Clarence (later King William IV) and his wife Adelaide. It sustained damage during WWII bombing raids and underwent extensive repairs before Princess Elizabeth and The Duke of Edinburgh moved in.
One other notable resident was Princess Diana, who moved in to Clarence House before her engagement to Prince Charles was announced. She lived there until they married in 1981.
The home is opened up to the public in August each year, where visitors can be given a guided tour of the five rooms and adjoining spaces on the ground floor.
But now, thanks to the magic of Google 3D technology, you can take a tour from your living room.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
20 / 0
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am