The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall touched down in Wellington today on a typically wet and windy afternoon, marking the first stop of their seven-day royal tour of the country.
Camilla was dressed for the cold in a cream dress, matching coat, gloves and a headscarf, and she carried a clear umbrella to ward off the rain.
The royal pair were greeted by Prime Minister John Key and Wellington mayor Celia Wade-Brown indoors at the airport, with Mr Key joking that it was “a lot more pleasant than being outside”.
While a planned powhiri unfortunately had to be cancelled due to the weather, the royal pair continued with the rest of their itinerary in the New Zealand capital, moving on to visit Government House and the Pukeahu National War Memorial.
At Pukeahu Park, Charles and Camilla spent time visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior, meeting veterans and laying a wreath in the Hall of Memories. Tonight, the royal duo will be welcomed with an official state reception at Government House.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019