After sister Kate’s wedding extravaganza, it’s now Pippa Middleton’s turn to step into the spotlight as it’s revealed the brunette beauty is engaged to her financier beau James Matthews.
The Daily Mail reports that James, 40, popped the question during a romantic walk with Pippa, 32, in England’s picturesque Lake District last weekend.
The couple, who dated for a short period in 2012 before being spotted back together in January, are expected to tie the knot next year. They began dating again after Pippa split from ex-boyfriend Nico Jackson in October.
However, the pair seem to have remained close even before rekindling their romance this year, having been spotted at several events together over the past few months. In September 2015, James, Pippa and her younger brother James Middleton completed the gruelling 47-mile swim-run Otillo race in Sweden, and the pair were also photographed together after a carol concert in December.
The union is one that has the support of the Middleton family, according to sources.
“Mike and Carol are very happy. They like James and they are sure he will make Pippa very happy,” a source told The Daily Mail.
James, older brother of Made in Chelsea star Spencer Matthews, is even reported to have asked Pippa’s father before going down on one knee.
“James is a traditionalist and very much wanted to do things properly. That meant getting his future father-in-law’s consent,” the source added.
Pippa talks about her close relationship with sister Kate - story continues below
Yesterday, even before the happy news emerged, Pippa sparked engagement rumours as she attended the Frost Summer Party fundraising event in London.
Clad in a flowing floral-print dress with her hair down in loose waves, the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge was careful to keep her left hand hidden as she posed for the cameras at the charity bash – and now we know why!
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019