If you've found yourself this year re-writing the same New Year's resolutions you had at the end of last year then you're not alone. Meghan Markle admitted on her now-defunct blog — The Tig — that every year she has two resolutions that she wasn't quite able to master the year before.
"These make my New Year's resolution list nearly (aka actually every) single year," she wrote on the personal blog on Jan. 1, 2016.
"The swearing comes in lulls triggered by being overworked or feeling mighty cheeky after a couple drinks."
If you find it hard to believe that the now wife of Prince Harry sometimes slips up with a curse word every now and then — don't. In fact, Meghan has reminded the world over and over again that she's just a regular girl.
"And when it comes to the biting of the nails — well, it still happens with a turbulent flight or a stressful day," she continued. "It's unladylike. But then again, so is the swearing. Dammit."
And while Queen Elizabeth might not approve of such language or nervous behavior, the 38-year-old former actress also included a slew of inspirational resolutions as well.
"For this new year, the only thing I aim to do is to approach life playfully," she added. "To laugh and enjoy, to keep my standards high but my level of self-acceptance higher. My New Year's resolution is to leave room for magic."
We love that — what a wonderful message to send to her readers!
She concluded writing, "To make my plans, and be okay if they sometimes break. To set my goals, but to be open to change. To let the magic know that there is an open door policy with me in 2016 and that it is always welcome to join the party. I invite you to do the same. Have a beautiful, blissful, and incredibly magical 2016. So grateful to be with you on the ride."
This story was originally published on Closer Magazine.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021