During an interview with the Evening Standard, editor-in-chief of British Vogue Edward Enninful has said he'd love to see Duchess Meghan grace the cover of the iconic fashion magazine.
"I am so into the young royals," Edward told the newspaper.
"Meghan is an example of how far we've all come."
When asked who, between the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex, dressed the best Edward responded: "They are different, it's all fun and games. I'd love them both to be on the cover of Vogue."
In 2018 Meghan reportedly turned down an offer to appear on the cover of Vogue's September issue, after she was said to have been approached by the editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Speaking to Ok! Magazine at the time, a source revealed, "Anna offered to photograph the cover anywhere Meghan wanted and was willing to oversee the shoot and interview her personally.
"But Meghan said no, so Vogue moved on to pop royalty instead," the source said, with Beyoncé gracing the cover of the prestigious September issue instead.
Meghan's not the first royal to be approached by the magazine, her late mother-in-law Princess Diana and sister-in-law the Duchess of Cambridge have both graced the cover.
Back in 2016 Kate appeared on British Vogue's centenary cover accompanied by a beautiful 10-page spread inside. Editor-in-chief at the time Alexandra Shulman said it was a huge honour and incredibly exciting for the title.
"For me personally it has been a wonderful experience to have had the opportunity to work with her."
"This special issue of the magazine is very close to my heart as it had to reflect on 100 years of British Vogue, and so I am hugely grateful that we have been able to continue with our tradition of outstanding royal portraiture with these picture", Alexandra added.
Princess Diana also featured on the cover of the British publication multiple times throughout her lifetime in 1981, 1991, 1994, and in 1997 she appeared on the cover of the October issue to honour her following her passing.
It's fair to say the prospect of Meghan gracing the cover is incredibly exciting – we'll be keeping our eyes peeled!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019