Ever been sitting on Instagram scrolling through its seemingly infinite amount of content when, before you know it, two hours have passed and you haven't moved?
Indeed, it would be safe to say that the photo sharing platform can be somewhat addictive - so much so that even royals who have apparently sworn off social media are secretly scrolling their days away.
Just weeks after Kate Middleton's younger brother James made his secret Instagram publicly available for the world to see, reports are now claiming Duchess Meghan also had a secret Instagram account up until as late as Christmas 2018.
After shutting down her official social media accounts in January 2018 before marrying her husband Prince Harry in May, a new source is claiming Meghan still continued a 'secret' Instagram account solely to follow her friends.
But the pregnant royal was reportedly left feeling 'isolated and alone' when trolls started writing 'vile' comments on the secret account.
"Since she shut down her public Instagram, she'd had a fake account to follow her friends. There was some really vile stuff written by social media trolls and obviously she also saw the headlines about her," a source told The Sun.
The comments reportedly left Meghan feeling so upset that she closed the account just before Christmas to "protect her mental health".
"It really got to her and, in the end, she had to shut down that account just before Christmas, too, to protect her mental health. She felt very isolated and alone," the source continued.
"She doesn't feel safe enough to go out on her own without protection."
Markle has been under scrutiny more than ever of late amid claims that the pregnant royal has sparked a family feud.
Almost daily, rumours are being leaked from Kensington Palace about the supposed rift her arrival has caused between Harry and Will, Will and Meghan, Meghan and Kate... the list goes on.
With that being said, it's no wonder the Duchess decided a digital detox was in order.
In January 2018, Meghan had a very public Instagram filled with the things she is known to be passionate about.
With food, fashion, travel and lifestyle, Meghan's account was as Insta-glam as they come.
After she had closed down the account, a palace aide said: "Ms. Markle is grateful to everyone who has followed her social media accounts over the years. However, as she has not used these accounts for some time, she has taken the decision to close them."
But it seems Markle wasn't quite ready to part with the beloved social media platform just then, with a source telling US Weekly that she found it 'frustrating and stressful' having 'no voice'.
But we can't really blame the Duchess for deciding to take a step back to keep as much of her life private as possible.
And never fear - we'll still be getting plenty of updates on the happenings in world of Duchess Meghan.
While the Duchess and the majority of royals do not have social media accounts, the lives of the likes of Wills, Kate, Harry and Meghan are well documented by official Palace aides who share daily updates on the various engagements they attend.
WATCH: The royals step out on Christmas Day:
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019