The moment blushing bride Kate Middleton married her charming Prince William, the duo were reintroduced into the world as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
And now, the exciting moment has come for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to debut their new moniker.
Meghan Markle will officially become Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales.
It is customary for someone marrying into the royal family to take on their partner's name.
While Meghan was born Rachel Meghan Markle, it is expected she'll still be addressed publicly as Meghan - though don't ever expect to hear her be called Princess Meghan.
The Palace confirmed they will be The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.
Prince Harry's mother was an exception to the rule.
Diana received the title Princess of Wales as a courtesy for being the wife of Charles, The Prince of Wales.
It should be noted that she was never addressed as Princess Diana formally.
Looking at Harry's family, history dictates that their children will not be a prince or princess, rather they will be a lord or lady.
But at the end of the day, Queen Elizabeth can make the decision to bestow the children with prince or princess titles.
We saw her make some tweaks with the rules for her grandson Prince William's children.
In line with what the Crown dictates, Wills and Kate's eldest should be HRH Prince George, while young Charlotte should have been Lady Charlotte Mountbatten-Windsor.
But in 2012, Her Majesty decided there needed to be a change.
Now the ruling states that, "all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour."
It wouldn't be surprising if she does the same thing for her dear grandson Prince Harry and his future offspring.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019