The moment blushing bride Kate Middleton married her charming Prince William, the duo were reintroduced into the world as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
And now, the exciting moment has come for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to debut their new moniker.
Meghan Markle will officially become Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales.
It is customary for someone marrying into the royal family to take on their partner's name.
While Meghan was born Rachel Meghan Markle, it is expected she'll still be addressed publicly as Meghan - though don't ever expect to hear her be called Princess Meghan.
The Palace confirmed they will be The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.
Prince Harry's mother was an exception to the rule.
Diana received the title Princess of Wales as a courtesy for being the wife of Charles, The Prince of Wales.
It should be noted that she was never addressed as Princess Diana formally.
Looking at Harry's family, history dictates that their children will not be a prince or princess, rather they will be a lord or lady.
But at the end of the day, Queen Elizabeth can make the decision to bestow the children with prince or princess titles.
We saw her make some tweaks with the rules for her grandson Prince William's children.
In line with what the Crown dictates, Wills and Kate's eldest should be HRH Prince George, while young Charlotte should have been Lady Charlotte Mountbatten-Windsor.
But in 2012, Her Majesty decided there needed to be a change.
Now the ruling states that, "all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour."
It wouldn't be surprising if she does the same thing for her dear grandson Prince Harry and his future offspring.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019