The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared a touching tribute to the late Princess of Wales in an Instagram post shared to their account at the weekend.
The post which features a quote made by Princess Diana, sits on the Sussex Royal's signature blue background under Meghan and Harry's monogram and reads: "Carrying out a random act of kindness with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you," with the quote attributed to "Diana, Princess of Wales."
Accompanying the post reads the caption: "Words have the power to inspire, which is why we're happy to share some of our favourite quotes.
"From members of the public to public figures, from teachers and students to young leaders, we begin with a quote from Diana, Princess of Wales."
While the post marks the first time Harry and Meghan have paid tribute to Harry's late mother directly on their social media account, earlier in the year the couple made a subtle nod to Diana when they posted a photograph of baby Archie's feet cradled in Meghan's hands, in front of a bed of forget-me-not flowers, to mark Mother's Day.
The violet flowers are known to have been one of Princess Diana's favourite flowers.
"Paying tribute to all mothers today – past, present, mothers-to-be, and those lost but forever remembered," the post's caption began.
"We honour and celebrate each and every one of you."
Both Prince Harry and Prince William shared an incredibly strong bond with their late mother, and much of that bond continues today both with Princess Diana's family, and the work that both royal brothers champion.
Following Archie's christening ceremony in July, Diana's sisters Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes were featured in the family portrait shared from the occasion, where they stood alongside the Sussexes, Charles, The Prince of Wales and Duchess Camilla, Meghan's mother Doria Ragland, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Speaking to People, a family friend said including the Spencer's "is typical of both William and Harry to say in a very, very gentle way, 'This is the family of our mother, and we want to reflect that.'
"She is always in their hearts, but this is a public way of saying that she is still on their minds."
While Prince William proposed to Kate with his late mother's sapphire engagement ring, Prince Harry also paid tribute to his mother when he proposed to Meghan, designing a ring which featured two diamonds from Diana's personal collection.
Speaking about what he thought his mother would've thought of Meghan had she still been alive Prince Harry said in the couple's engagement interview: "They'd be thick as thieves, without question.
"I think she would be over the moon, jumping up and down, so excited for me.
"I think I think she would have been best friends with Meghan."
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry teases an upcoming collaboration with Jon Bon Jovi via an amusing text conversation
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Career20 career tips that will make 2020 your best year at work ever
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 20, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesFeb 20, 2020