From foregoing the post-birth photo call to opting to not give their child a royal title, it was clear from the start that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wouldn't be raising baby Archie like all the royal children that have come before him.
And now it's been reported that the couple will again break from tradition again, when it comes down to who they'll pick as Archie's nanny, with royal historian Victoria Howard claiming Prince Harry and Meghan will not follow in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's footsteps.
When asked by The Express whether Meghan and Harry would choose a Norland nanny like William and Kate, the historian replied, "No, definitely not," suggesting they would go for someone "non-traditional".
The Cambridges' three children, Prince George, 5, Princess Charlotte, 4, and Prince Louis, 1, are all taken care of by Maria Borallo, an esteemed Norland nanny, usually identifiable by her unmissable brown Norland nanny uniform, who has her own private residence at Kensington Palace.
Norland nannies, sought after by the royals and the rich and famous, are trained at specialist childcare college Norland College.
Some of their impressive credentials include experience in self-defence, high-speed driving, and dealing with paparazzi.
When asked who the couple would go for instead, the historian says, "I think they will look for someone who is obviously experienced, but that has more of a rounded attitude towards child rearing.
"I think they will look for things that will make them aware of mental health perhaps, encouraging creativity and for them to be themselves."
She adds: "So I definitely think it's going to be non-traditional, maybe someone that has been recommended by some of their Hollywood friends perhaps."
While there had been speculation that Meghan would want to opt for an American nanny, Victoria thinks that seems unlikely.
"It's a possibility, but I think the likelihood is they will be British just because they are based in Britain," she surmises.
Previous reports had suggested Meghan and Harry wanted to forego a nanny altogether, however with their busy schedules and regular travel once Meghan returns from maternity leave, it would be incredibly difficult to manage between just the two of them.
When the couple will be choosing their nanny of choice remains to be seen, however they'll likely have to pack their bags soon, as its been reported the family-of-three are likely to move to Africa in the coming year.
The reports emerged in late April, with new reports in May claiming the couple are planning a royal tour to the continent later this year as a warm-up for their extended stay in 2020.
The couple have in fact already paid a visit to the continent this year, undertaking a royal tour in Morocco in February, just months before baby Archie's birth.
If the Sussexes do head to Africa this year, baby Archie will become the youngest royal to undertake a royal tour, at just six-months-old.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am