No one does Halloween quite like the USA, so it's no surprise that Los Angeles-native Duchess Meghan was excited to mark the day.
Taking to Instagram The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared a throwback photo of the two of them posing with some impressive characters during their royal tour of New Zealand last year when they visited Courtney Creative in Wellington.
"Happy Halloween! 👻," the caption begins, followed by a personal message from Meghan and Harry which even revealed a cute Halloween-themed nickname for six-month-old Archie.
"Wishing you all a safe and fun Halloween from our family (and our little pumpkin 🎃 ) to yours," Harry and Meghan wrote. We wonder if he was dressed as one for the occasion!
"This time last year The Duke and Duchess attended a special effects workshop while on their royal tour in New Zealand," the caption explains.
Indeed, it's hard to believe it's already been a year since Harry and Meghan visited our shores. The couple visited Courtney Creative in New Zealand's capital, where they were greeted by costumed Vikings and knights and an orc from Lord of the Rings.
Courtney Creative runs programmes for young creative minds to learn film and industry skills and the couple mingled with the characters, who included actors, talented creatives from Weta Workshop and schoolchildren.
Harry also took a turn on a virtual reality game – which gave him a fright – and the royals were presented with a gold, paua and diamond necklace from The Village Goldsmith.
The Sussexes aren't the royals who are getting involved in the Halloween festivities though.
Last week Duchess Catherine was spotted with her two eldest children Prince George and Princess Charlotte at a Sainsbury close to the family's country home Anmer Hall in Norfolk, shopping for Halloween costumes.
Speaking of the sighting to The Mirror, mum-of-four Kathy Whittaker says it was another shopper in the store who pointed Kate out to her, who was browsing the clothing section at the time.
"She was with Charlotte and George looking at Halloween outfits but her bodyguard was kind of watching people with phones and telling them no pictures," although she says Kate happily chatted to some of the children in the store, asking them what they were going to be for Halloween.
While Kathy didn't spot what costumes the royal youngsters had picked out, we wouldn't be surprised if four-year-old Charlotte opted for something unicorn themed.
She's known for her love of unicorns, spotted with a unicorn key chain on her first day of school in September and was also seen carrying a fluffy unicorn purse at the royal charity polo match in July.
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019