The royal family have shared touching messages and beautiful images to mark the 71st Birthday of the Prince of Wales.
The future King, who celebrated his birthday on Thursday, happened to be on a royal visit to India for his special day, so the warm birthday wishes from his family back home were no doubt even more special.
Taking to Instagram the Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared a beautiful, previously unseen photograph of baby Archie with his grandfather Prince Charles, captured on his christening ceremony in July.
In the black and white image, Prince Charles looks down lovingly at Archie, who is cradled in the arms of Prince Harry.
"Happy birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales – Sir, Pa, Grandpa! 🎂" they shared alongside the photograph.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also wished Charles a Happy Birthday, taking to Instagram to share three beautiful images accompanied by the message: "🎂 Wishing a very happy Birthday to The Prince of Wales!"
The first image is a shot of Charles from his birthday last year sharing an adorable moment with his grandson, a then seven-month-old Prince Louis who is being held by Duchess Catherine.
The second image is a lovely image of Prince Charles with his eldest son Prince William, while the third is a photograph of Prince Charles with his two sons at his side, Princes William and Harry.
The Duke of York also got involved in the birthday love for his older brother, sharing a cute photograph of a young Prince Charles cradling a baby Prince Andrew in his arms.
"🎉Happy Birthday to The Prince of Wales!" Andrew wrote.
"To mark HRH's 71st Birthday, here's a photo from 1960 of the then Prince Charles holding a baby Prince Andrew." Cute!
Of course, the Queen also wished her eldest child and heir a Happy Birthday, with the royal family's official Instagram account sharing two photographs of the Prince, including an adorable image of him being held by his father Prince Philip, accompanied by the caption: "Wishing The Prince of Wales very happy birthday 🎈🎂."
While he may have been away from family on his birthday, his special day was certainly not forgotten, with the Prince being presented with a birthday card and cake from school children during a British Asian Trust event in Mumbai.
He also had a surprise encounter with pop singer Katy Perry, who attended the event after hearing about the Trust's work – to tackle poverty across South Asia – and joining other supporters to learn more about their important work.
Prince Charles also used his birthday to announce the exciting news that his foundation, The Prince's Foundation, would be collaborating with Yoox-Net-a-Porter Group (YNAP) on sustainable menswear and womenswear collections set to launch next year.
The project, coined the Modern Artisan Project, will give students and graduates from Italy and the UK the opportunity to work together to design and craft the collection, which will then be sold across all of YNAP's brands, with profits going back to The Prince's Foundation to support charitable work.
It's a very busy birthday week for the Prince who, after his whirlwind two-day visit to India, makes his way down to our shores this weekend with his wife Duchess Camilla.
The royal couple touch down in New Zealand on Sunday, November 17th and tour where they'll spend seven days visiting Auckland, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Christchurch and Kaikōura.
- Royals25 of the best royal Christmas cards over the years
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyIdeas for gifts that your kids can make for others this Christmas
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:16am
- Real LifeI love Christmas so much I've converted our barn into a Christmas wonderland
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:06am
- FamilyOur favourite Kiwi celebs share some of their favourite Christmas traditions
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:46am
- Pregnancy & Birth'She's the real miracle': New dad's tribute to wife after she gives birth goes viral
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeEverything you need to know about living a 'low-tox' life in 2020
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveYesterday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayYesterday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 10, 2019