When Meghan Markle prepared to marry Prince Harry and become a royal, she uprooted her life in Toronto, had to learn royal protocol, and underwent a full wardrobe transformation - but that wasn't the biggest change of all.
She gave up her job as a successful actress, a decision that can't have been easy for the career-driven beauty, who was fast making a name for herself in Hollywood.
But her days on the silver screen mightn't be over just yet...
According to The Mirror, NBC Universal, who own the Suits franchise, are offering to pay a "multi-million dollar donation" to a charity of Meghan's choice in order for her to make a return as her iconic character Rachel Zane.
Sources told the publication the NBC is planning a cameo role which would last less than two minutes, and be shot in the UK.
They even went so far as to say that Meghan's baby bump, which has well and truly popped, can be written into the story line.
A senior production source confirmed with The Mirror that the entire shoot could be "done in half a day or less".
"No final figure has yet been arrived at but negotiations are likely to be opened in the very near future. I've heard sums ranging from two to six million being kicked around and that sounds a lot – but it would be one of the biggest marketing coups in TV history."
WATCH: This old gaffe from Suits might reveal which gender Meghan Markle would love her baby to be. Story continues...
Markle's last appearance on the popular US television show was on April 25 last year - mere weeks out from her wedding to Prince Harry in May.
The show itself has received plenty of extra attention as Meghan transforms into a full-blown member of the royal family - a move that captured global attention and even sparked a new movement - 'The Meghan Effect'.
It's exactly as it sounds - what Meghan does, everyone follows in some capacity. Whether it be what she's wearing, or watching all of her past films and television series.
And what's more, it seems even Meghan herself hasn't put her acting career entirely behind her.
To the delight of fans, The Mirror reports Markle is still a member of the SAG-AFTRA, the American actors union.
Sources from the union even claim Meghan is still a fully paid member well into next year having paid the full fees.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle's love letter to New Zealand.
As for her next potential cameo? The role could entail an explanation of what Rachel and on-screen husband Mike Ross (played by Patrick J. Adams) are up to in their married life - cue pregnant Rachel / Meghan.
"I believe we could get away with only one or two lines from Rachel, perhaps saying how she would never have believed she would have such a wonderful life. This particular route would beautifully mirror real life," the production source said.
As well as giving several charities a boost, the role would also give the show one of the "biggest ratings blockbusters of our existence".
WATCH: Rachel Zane and Mike Ross' adorable wedding vows on Suits. Story continues...
A former Suits colleague of Meghan's also revealed to The Mirror that while the deal with Markle was supposed to be "hush hush", the network would "do anything" to get Markle and Adams back on the show.
"I doubt there's a done deal yet… but Meghan's old pals here are hoping it will happen soon to give the show a big ratings lift."
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am