The 'Meghan Markle effect' is in full force and only getting stronger. Every single outfit is under close scrutiny from her royal fans and the latest piece of clothing to cause a flurry of orders is a pair of black jeans.
On a recent official trip to Cardiff with prince Harry in January, the Duchess-to-be chose a pair of Hiut Denim jeans to wear for the occasion. The small Welsh brand has received so many orders since Meghan's outing in the £175 ($338 NZD) 'Dina' style, that they've been forced to move to a bigger factory to cope with the high demand of orders.
Hiut Denim's co-founder David Hiett told the Daily Mail, 'We have a backorder waiting list for three months. We are having two more people in and we're moving to a new factory. The effect has been remarkable.'
But this isn't the first time this has happened. On her first official royal engagement in Nottingham, Meghan Markle accessoried with a leather handbag by small Scottish brand Strathberry – which then sold out within an impressive 11 minutes.
This article originally appeared on Grazia
And while this seems like great news for these tiny brands, it can also have a detrimental effect, too. Like when Kate Middleton's now iconic engagement dress by Issa was so popular, the brand was forced to close as it couldn't keep up with the huge demand.
We just hope the 'Meghan Markle effect' will bring prosperous business to the brands she wears. If we can be sure of anything, it's that they'll be plenty more sell-out outfits to come
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am