Another day, another gem unearthed from Duchess Meghan's former lifestyle blog, The Tig. This time, a post that she wrote back on her 33rd birthday, four years ago, where she compares her twenties and thirties and reveals her twenties were actually pretty "brutal".
Stating that it took her a long time to figure out how to be kind to yourself, she opened up about the "constant battle" she faced in her twenties, judging herself, her weight and her "desire to be as cool" as everyone else.
"I am 33 years old today. And I am happy," she wrote according to the Express.
"And I say that so plainly because, well… it takes time. To be happy. To figure out how to be kind to yourself. To not just choose that happiness, but to feel it.
"My 20s were brutal – a constant battle with myself, judging my weight, my style, my desire to be as cool/as hip/as smart/as 'whatever' as everyone else."
Revealing that her teen years were even worse, she also highlighted how she struggled to fit into different cliques at her school as a biracial woman.
"My teens were even worse – grappling with how to fit in, and what that even meant," she continued.
"My high school had cliques: the black girls and white girls, the Filipino and the Latina girls. Being biracial, I fell somewhere in between. So everyday during lunch, I busied myself with meetings – French club, student body, whatever one could possibly do between noon and 1pm- I was there.
"Not so that I was more involved, but so that I wouldn't have to eat alone."
WATCH: Our favourite posts from Meghan Markle's deleted Instagram. Story continues below...
Urging her followers at the time to 'find your happiness', she states that her mindset began to change during a casting audition when she was in her twenties.
"I must have been about 24 when a casting director looked at me during an audition and said, 'You need to know that you're enough. Less makeup, more Meghan'", she said.
With her blog now defunct, the post has of course been deleted, however Meghan's message is still resonating with women across generations struggling to be truly kind to themselves at a time when we're bombarded with imagery and media telling us we're not good enough as we are.
Explaining how Meghan has managed to handle such unprecedented and unnecessary criticism from outsiders with so much grace, her message seems to be something we should all take on board.
This story originally appeared on our sister site Grazia UK.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am