Back when Meghan Markle was merely a run-of-the-mill actress and burgeoning lifestyle blogger, she shared inspirational quotes, on-set snaps and selfies with her dogs via her official Instagram account (@MeghanMarkle). Unsurprisingly, when her relationship with Harry got serious and the pair announced their engagement, the account disappeared into the ether.
Kensington Palace said in an official statement that Meghan was "grateful to everyone who has followed her social media accounts over the years" but had chosen to close it "as she has not used these accounts for some time".
However, late last night, eagle-eyed royal fans Down Under (and one Grazia staffer) noticed that Meghan had made a return to the social media platform. The Duchess' official account, used by the royal up until January 2018, had been reactivated.
Has Christmas come early? Unfortunately not. We barely had time to look back at Meghan's pre Royal life before the account disappeared once again.
Whether or not Meghan was behind the fleeting return is unknown. Could she be planning a social media comeback ahead of the birth of her first child, or is it simply a technical glitch?
According to royal reporter Omid Scobie, a royal commentator from the US, the reappearance had nothing to do with the Duchess hopping back on and pressing "re-activate" but it was a simple "glitch" in the old IG system.
"For those of you asking, Duchess Meghan is not making a return to Instagram," he wrote on Twitter. "You can blame a system glitch for her account resurfacing on the app this morning."
We, and her three million strong Instagram following, are still secretly hoping she really was planning a comeback. In the mean time we'll just have to keep up with her news via the Kensington Palace account instead.
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019