Meghan Markle will soon be marrying into the British royal family – and she has already bonded with The Queen's beloved corgis.
In an interview with the BBC talking about their engagement, Prince Harry revealed that Meghan has met The Queen a couple of times.
It was during their first tea together that The Queen’s pooches gave Meghan a warm welcome, Harry revealed.
“The corgis took to you straight away,” laughed Prince Harry. “For the last 33 years I’ve been barked at… this one [nodding at Meghan] walks in, absolutely nothing. Wagging tails... And I was just like 'ugh'.”
Meghan laughed, saying “they lay just at my feet during tea. It was very sweet!”
The Suits star is a big dog lover and has two rescue dogs, Guy the Beagle and Bogart the Labrador-Shepherd.
She revealed that one of her dogs is now in the UK, while the other one is staying with close friends.
Meghan said meeting The Queen was a wonderful experience and called her fiance’s grandmother an “incredible woman.”
A love of dogs runs in the royal family. Prince Charles is a fan of Labradors, while Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, have an English Cocker Spaniel called Lupo.
Doggie date at Kensington Palace?
WATCH the full 20-minute interview of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle talking about their love.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019