Meghan Markle will soon be marrying into the British royal family – and she has already bonded with The Queen's beloved corgis.
In an interview with the BBC talking about their engagement, Prince Harry revealed that Meghan has met The Queen a couple of times.
It was during their first tea together that The Queen’s pooches gave Meghan a warm welcome, Harry revealed.
“The corgis took to you straight away,” laughed Prince Harry. “For the last 33 years I’ve been barked at… this one [nodding at Meghan] walks in, absolutely nothing. Wagging tails... And I was just like 'ugh'.”
Meghan laughed, saying “they lay just at my feet during tea. It was very sweet!”
The Suits star is a big dog lover and has two rescue dogs, Guy the Beagle and Bogart the Labrador-Shepherd.
She revealed that one of her dogs is now in the UK, while the other one is staying with close friends.
Meghan said meeting The Queen was a wonderful experience and called her fiance’s grandmother an “incredible woman.”
A love of dogs runs in the royal family. Prince Charles is a fan of Labradors, while Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, have an English Cocker Spaniel called Lupo.
Doggie date at Kensington Palace?
WATCH the full 20-minute interview of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle talking about their love.
- BodyThis Kiwi mum had a hysterectomy at 30 for her kids
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 2:30pm
- Real LifeKiwi mum Emma Blundell's dying wish for her nephew
Woman's DayToday 12:00pm
- Celebrity NewsMKR NZ's Jay and Sarah reveal how fame almost destroyed their relationship
Woman's DayYesterday 2:00pm
- At homeGive your child's bedroom a fresh look with this colour palette
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsSporting royalty! New photos revealed of Prince George playing football with his school team
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022