Meghan Markle will soon be marrying into the British royal family – and she has already bonded with The Queen's beloved corgis.
In an interview with the BBC talking about their engagement, Prince Harry revealed that Meghan has met The Queen a couple of times.
It was during their first tea together that The Queen’s pooches gave Meghan a warm welcome, Harry revealed.
“The corgis took to you straight away,” laughed Prince Harry. “For the last 33 years I’ve been barked at… this one [nodding at Meghan] walks in, absolutely nothing. Wagging tails... And I was just like 'ugh'.”
Meghan laughed, saying “they lay just at my feet during tea. It was very sweet!”
The Suits star is a big dog lover and has two rescue dogs, Guy the Beagle and Bogart the Labrador-Shepherd.
She revealed that one of her dogs is now in the UK, while the other one is staying with close friends.
Meghan said meeting The Queen was a wonderful experience and called her fiance’s grandmother an “incredible woman.”
A love of dogs runs in the royal family. Prince Charles is a fan of Labradors, while Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, have an English Cocker Spaniel called Lupo.
Doggie date at Kensington Palace?
WATCH the full 20-minute interview of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle talking about their love.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019