Kiwi royal, Gary Lewis, has split from his wife of 14 years, Lady Davina Windsor, after becoming the first person of Māori descent to marry into the British royal family in 2004.
Lady Davina, 41, is the daughter of the Queen's cousin, the Duke of Gloucester, and is currently 30th in line to the throne.
According to the NZ Herald, the pair met in Bali in 2000 while on holiday before they moved in together, living in Grey Lynn, Auckland for a year.
Four years after meeting they tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in Kensington Palace's chapel in 2004.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman confirmed to the Daily Mail that the couple had divorced in secret last year, and while there were no official reasons for the split it's been reported their "cultural differences" may have played a part.
"It's very sad, but their differences were just too great in the end," a close friend told the Daily Mail.
The couple have two children together, Senna Kowhai, eight, and Tane Mahuta, six. The children are said to be living with their mother in London.
Originally from Gisborne, Gary was was a builder and sheep shearer when he met Lady Davina and is also the nephew of acclaimed New Zealand author Witi Ihimaera, who wrote The Whale Rider.
While the couple led a largely private life, they were often photographed with the Queen's immediate family at official royal events.
In 2005 the pair were invited to attend the Queen's reception for the All Blacks at Buckingham Palace and were guests at the Duke and Duchess' wedding in 2011.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019