It is a truth universally acknowledged that when it comes to meeting royalty, one must put their very best face forward.
And for Pride and Prejudice actress Keira Knightley, she couldn't have taken this more literally.
The British celebrity recently had the honour of meeting Prince Charles as she was awarded the coveted OBE (Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire).
But it wasn't the award that caught ours, and indeed Prince Charles', attention.
The brunette actress decided to get very creative in the wardrobe department, opting to wear a bright yellow Chanel tweed blazer and skirt complete with a matching top hat.
She accessorised her bold look with a pink belt and nude Chloe Gosselin heels - and she pulled it off seamlessly.
The two-time Oscar Nominee looked chuffed as she stood before the royal, giving Charles a wide smile as he presented her with the OBE.
While Keira's bold look was still within the confines of royal protocol, her husband who was also in attendance, tested the boundaries for himself.
Wearing a grey blazer and shirt, Knightley's beau James Righton might have inadvertently broken protocol by not wearing a tie.
According to Daily Mail, morning dress, military uniform, lounge suits or national dress are required to be worn on the day.
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am