It is a truth universally acknowledged that when it comes to meeting royalty, one must put their very best face forward.
And for Pride and Prejudice actress Keira Knightley, she couldn't have taken this more literally.
The British celebrity recently had the honour of meeting Prince Charles as she was awarded the coveted OBE (Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire).
But it wasn't the award that caught ours, and indeed Prince Charles', attention.
The brunette actress decided to get very creative in the wardrobe department, opting to wear a bright yellow Chanel tweed blazer and skirt complete with a matching top hat.
She accessorised her bold look with a pink belt and nude Chloe Gosselin heels - and she pulled it off seamlessly.
The two-time Oscar Nominee looked chuffed as she stood before the royal, giving Charles a wide smile as he presented her with the OBE.
While Keira's bold look was still within the confines of royal protocol, her husband who was also in attendance, tested the boundaries for himself.
Wearing a grey blazer and shirt, Knightley's beau James Righton might have inadvertently broken protocol by not wearing a tie.
According to Daily Mail, morning dress, military uniform, lounge suits or national dress are required to be worn on the day.
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019