Looking every bit the Princess that she is, Duchess Catherine attended the Queen's State banquet at Buckingham Palace on Monday evening, opting for her favourite tiara as a dazzling finishing touch.
The Duchess made heads turn as she arrived wearing a breathtaking white, floor-length gown with cap-sleeves by one of her favourite designers Alexander McQueen, finishing her look with the iconic Lovers Knot tiara, made famous by her late mother-in-law Princess Diana, and sapphire and diamond earrings which once belonged to the Queen Mother.
The elegant event also marked the first time Kate wore her blue, red and white sash of the Victorian order of which she is a Dame Grand Cross (GVCO), a title the Queen had bestowed on her as a gift for her eighth wedding anniversary with Prince William in April.
The GVCO is the highest rank of the Order, equivalent to a Knight.
The royal mother-of-three attended the banquet alongside her husband Prince William and other senior members of the senior royal including Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not in attendance as Meghan is currently on maternity leave, however Prince Harry did attend an exhibition viewing with the Trumps earlier in the day.
Before the banquet, royal fans were given a sneak peek of how the Buckingham Palace Ballroom had been transformed for the special event, with the Palace sharing images of the preparations on Instagram.
"A sneak peek of the State Banquet table in the Buckingham Palace Ballroom," the Instagram caption begins.
"The final finishing touches will be added shortly before The Queen welcomes the President of the United States @realdonaldtrump, the First Lady @flotus, members of the Royal Family and around 170 guests to celebrate the #USStateVisit.
"Swipe to see #behindthescenes photos of the Palace Attendants and Royal Florists transforming the Ballroom and setting the table earlier today."
The horseshoe-shaped table, laid for around 170 guests, was decorated with lush purple and pink floral arrangements in gold vases, and while there's no denying the room looked absolutely gorgeous, many royal fans were less than enthusiastic about who the banquet was being thrown for.
"I can't believe something this beautiful and dignified is being wasted on that man," one follower commented on the post.
"The Royal Family sure do etiquette well," another wrote.
"I simply couldn't put on a poker face and meet these people."
The comments echo a similar sentiment by a large number of the public in the UK, who have taken to the streets to protest the US President's State visit.
President Trump has travelled to the UK with his wife, First Lady Melania Trump, and his whole family for the three-day visit.
Trump's first day also included attending a private luncheon with the Queen, a special exhibition viewing in the Picture Gallery along with a private tea hosted at Clarence House by Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla, and a wreath laying at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior with Prince Andrew.
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019