We can only imagine how many letters the royal family must receive, especially when it comes to a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary, yet despite the large numbers the royal family are known to send out thank you notes to all their well-wishers and the birthday of Princess Charlotte was no different.
With Princess Charlotte still being too young to write her own letters, the task was given to her parents The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who composed a note to royal fans thanking them for wishing their daughter a Happy 4th Birthday in May.
While Charlotte celebrated her birthday on May 2nd, at the end of June the blog Gert's Royal Replies received a thank you postcard from William and Kate, with one side featuring one of the official birthday portraits taken by Kate, which was shared to mark Charlotte's birthday.
The message, which sat under the Kensington Palace masterhead read:
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appreciate your kind thought in writing to Princess Charlotte as you did on the occasion of her fourth birthday.
"This is greatly appreciated by Their Royal Highnesses who send you their best wishes."
But not only had Gert's Royal Replies written a Happy Birthday message to Princess Charlotte, she'd also taken the time to congratulate Duchess Catherine on her appointment as Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, which called for a more personalised reply in an additional letter.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your kind letter of 2nd," the additional letter begins.
"Their Royal Highnesses are grateful to you for taking the trouble to write as you did and were touched by your kind words of support regarding Her Royal Highness's recent appointment as Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order (GCVO).
"It really was most thoughtful of you. You may be interested to know that the order of chivalry was established in 1896 by Queen Victoria to recognise personal service to the monarch.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes."
The letter was signed, "Yours sincerely, Claudia Spens."
The blog identifies Claudia Spens as a correspondent at Clarence House, the residence of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
According to the blog Clarence House answers all of Prince Charles', Camilla's and the Cambridges' and Sussex's mail, with the annual report revealing the house received 123,303 letters from well-wishes between April 2018-March 2019.
To mark Princess Charlotte's birthday on May 2nd (just four days before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son Archie was born), Kensington Palace shared three beautiful images of Charlotte, taken by the Duchess of Cambridge herself.
The three photographs show her playing and posing in the grounds at their family's country home Anmer Hall in Norfolk as well as the gardens of Kensington Palace.
Prince William had to attend an Investiture at Buckingham Palace on her birthday, but that didn't mean he was missing out on celebrating his daughter's birthday, revealing to CBE recipient, renowned author Julia Donaldson, that he was "going to have quite a rowdy party."
Adding: "He's got a lot of children [coming to the party]."
- RoyalsPrince George and Princess Charlotte's special bond with Archie
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- WeddingsJacinda Ardern has revealed new details about how Clarke Gayford proposed to her
Now To LoveToday 1:28pm
- BodyThe truth about osteoporosis and bone health for Kiwi women
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019