Prince George and Princess Charlotte are officially about to welcome their newest family member with Kensington Palace confirming the Duchess of Cambridge, 36, is in labour with her third child.
The palace's official Twitter account announced the news at 08:22am, London time (7.22pm NZT).
"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour."
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
Duchess Catherine has been accompanied to the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London by her husband Prince William, 35.
Meanwhile, the royal family's go-to photographer Chris Jackson has his camera ready to go for the moment we see the Duke and Duchess walk out to the hospital, cradling their baby.
If Catherine does indeed have a quick birth like her previous experiences, the royal baby will arrive on Monday, April 23rd.
St Mary's is where the soon-to-be mother-of-three welcomed her two other children, Prince George, four, and Princess Charlotte, two, and the private wing of the hospital provides all the security and comfort the Duchess will need.
So far, Prince William and Duchess Catherine are yet to announce their baby's gender but the bookies are convinced the royal couple are having a second son.
With their past two children, William and Kate did not officially announce the genders of Prince George and Princess Charlotte until after the birth. So we're guessing we won't know if we have a new prince or princess until baby Cambridge joins the world and the palace release an official statement.
Prince William and Duchess Catherine announced they were expecting their third child back in September, 2017.
WATCH: Relive the moment they announced their baby news with the world. Post continues...
Prince William and Duchess Catherine are delighted to be having three children and have previously said their addition of their new bub is "very good news."
While many royal watchers predict they won't stop at three.
"There will be one more! There'll be four, they want four and there'll be four babies for William and Kate," former royal butler Paul Burrell told Now to Love in March.
Kate herself is one of three kids and has often spoken of the joys of having loving siblings around.
Despite their royal status, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are determined to give their growing family the most normal upbringing possible.
"We hope to encourage George and Charlotte to speak about their feelings, and to give them the tools and sensitivity to be supportive peers to their friends as they get older. We know there is no shame in a young child struggling with their emotions or suffering from a mental illness," Catherine has previously said of her approach to parenting.
"Stability at home is so important to me. I want to bring up my children in a happy, stable, secure world, and that is so important to both of us as parents," William explained to GQ last year.
"I want George to grow up in a real, living environment. I don't want him growing up behind palace walls, he has to be out there."
WATCH: Prince George and Princess Charlotte's cutest sibling moments. Post continues...
The new Prince or Princess will be fifth in line to the British Throne, bumping Uncle Harry to number six.
A huge congrats to the Cambridge clan!
- RelationshipsWhy women in their forties love Keanu Reeves and Alexandra Grant
Now To LoveToday 12:26pm
- WeddingsThe songs Kiwi celebrities walked down the aisle to
Now To LoveToday 8:35am
- FamilyThe best home and baby products for new and expectant parents
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- MindListening to Adele in the car can help reduce stress a new study has found
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- Career'I always wanted to work with animals': A day in the life of a border control customs officer
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- BodyI survived breast cancer: Greg Sargeaunt is one of 25 Kiwi men diagnosed with breast cancer every year
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:10am
- TVJohn Campbell gets objectified by Matty McLean on Breakfast and loves it
Now To LoveToday 8:56am
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:30am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveYesterday 11:20am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveYesterday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveYesterday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveYesterday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveNov 12, 2019