The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge travelled to Birmingham on Wednesday, commencing the first leg of their whistle-stop West Midlands tour.
William and Kate, both 35, kicked off the day’s events with a visit to the Jaguar Land Rover's Solihull Manufacturing Plant, where they tried their hand -- rather successfully, we might add -- at off-road driving.
The royal duo were also given an overview of the site before viewing the assembly line, hearing about the manufacturing process and meeting staff and apprentices at the location.
Kate -- who is pregnant with her third child, due in April -- opted for black coat with military-inspired accents by Goat and a pair of knee-high Russell & Bromley boots for the occasion.
The couple next made their way to Aston Villa Football Club where a quick change of clothes readied them for a more hands-on engagement.
The Duchess swapped her designer coat for a black turtleneck jumper, bright-red puffer jacket, skinny jeans and trainers. Of course, all eyes were on the royal’s growing baby bump which was clearly visible beneath the form-fitting look.
Meanwhile, the Duke changed out of suede boots and into a pair of brightly-coloured sneakers. He also added a navy puffer jacket, which would have provided a touch more flexibility than the blazer he had worn earlier in the day.
The expectant parents met with employers and sporting groups before taking part in on-pitch training session with local children.
Sidrah Batul, a pupil present at the event, later spoke about her interaction with Kate.
“She was asking me if I enjoyed it and I said I was having a lot of fun,” the 10-year-old said, according to The Daily Mail.
She added: “She's so kind and pretty.”
Later in the day, William and Kate stopped by Acme Whistles -- the creator of the first police whistle.
The mum to Prince George, four, and Princess Charlotte, two, has been forced to miss a number of important events in recent weeks -- including her son’s first day at school -- owing to extreme morning sickness or ‘hyperemesis gravidarum,’ the same nasty condition she battled while pregnant with four-year-old son, George and two-year-old daughter, Charlotte.
But it looks as if she’s on the mend!
Kensington Palace have begun to once again announce the royal’s appearances ahead of time, suggesting that she’s feeling well enough to schedule and keep forthcoming engagements.
WATCH: Prince George and Princess Charlotte are set to welcome another member into the fold! Post continues...
Kate and Wills third little prince or princess is due to arrive in April 2018.
And while they haven’t yet confirmed the exact due date, there’s a chance the newest royal addition could share their birthday with their great-granny the Queen, who will celebrate her 92nd on 21 April.
Or, if the royal bub were to arrive later in the month, their grand entrance could coincide with the duo’s seventh wedding anniversary on 29 April.
We can barely wait!
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019