The older we get the less we worry about what other people think and Jack Brooksbank's grandmother proves no exception.
In the lead-up to Jack and Princess Eugenie's 12 October wedding Jack's 91-year-old grandmother, Joanne Newton, was asked what she thought about her grandson marrying into royalty.
She gave the most gorgeous reply - starting off by telling the Daily Mail that she could not have been more over the moon. But it's what she said next that had us all in stitches.
"I never thought he would get married to a royal. He's a charming boy and all that but not the most intelligent..."
She went on to explain that she never thought "it would go this far" with "her being a member of the royal family".
"But Jack has always had lovely manners and has always been a good egg."
She said she wouldn't say there is "anything special about him". In fact she'd call him "ordinary".
But that just says so much about Princess Eugenie, doesn't it, she reasoned.
"That it's him she wants and it's lovely."
We are crying!
You can catch Jack and Princess Eugenie's wedding live on ITV on Friday, October 12.
While it was initially expected that the BBC would broadcast the wedding the UK broadcaster declined the opportunity because it didn't think enough people would tune in and that there wasn't enough support for the Yorks.
According to a recent Mail on Sunday report, this left Prince Andrew scrambling to sell the rights to another British broadcaster to ensure his daughter's wedding day be televised and celebrated as widely as his nephew Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan Markle in May.
And if you're curious to find out more about Jack Brooksbank now, here are seven things you probably didn't know about him.
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:19pm
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022