Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie appear inseparable. During royal events the daughters of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York the sisters are always spotted side-by-side, but what's Beatrice and Eugenie's relationship really like? Do they share clothes, do they bicker and argue, or do the sisters get along famously?
They may be known for their memorable outfits and even more unforgettable hats, but there is a lot more to this sisterly relationship. From their special nickname for each other, to living together, this is what you need to know, and may not know, about Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie's relationship.
Princess Beatrice and Eugenie are the daughters of The Queen's second son Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. Beatrice, 29 (born 8 August 1988), is the eldest of the two sisters, Eugenie is 28 (born 23 March 1990).
Before Eugenie and her fiancé Jack Brooksbank moved to Ivy Cottage, a home within Kensington Palace, in April the sisters lived together in a four-bedroom apartment at St James' Palace.
It's believed Beatrice still lives in their apartment. Meanwhile it's been reported now that Eugenie and Jack live nearby Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the royal couples have become quite close.
In 2008, just before her 18th birthday, Eugenie gave her first media interview to The Telegraph, where she explained how she and her sister have very different personalities, yet their differences make them a closer pair.
"We get on fantastically well, perhaps because we do and think different things," the Princess said.
"I am definitely not as polite as Beatrice, I have to say. I tell it as it is. I am shyer at first. Like, at a party I will say to Beatrice as we go in, 'Oh, you go first.' But then, when we're actually in, I am much louder and she is far more polite and solicitous."
Perhaps Beatrice is a little more calm than younger sister Eugenie who has also been quoted saying, "I do have an occasional temper - I sort of inherited my dad's short fuse."
As well as different personalities, the royal sisters also have opposite tastes in style. According to Eugenie, she's a little more low-key, while older sister Beatrice is a fan of the glitz and the glam.
"Beatrice loves her glamorous dresses and her hair being curly or big - like Mummy's - and I hate volume. I like my hair to be sort of flat. I like just throwing on a pair of jeans and generally being more understated. She is more 'Let's do the glamour.' We're chalk and cheese," Eugenie said.
"It's quite funny how, like most sisters, we sometimes fight about clothes. I always take her clothes back to school, for instance, which she hates. We had a screaming argument over a pair of Converse trainers that I took back, which she said were hers and I said were mine," Princess Eugenie told The Telegraph.
"And in the end I realised they were hers when I found mine behind the door. Like all sisters, we have silly arguments about unimportant stuff, but we do love each other to death."
Unlike some of the royal family, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie don't do official royal work and therefore aren't paid by the taxpayer. Instead, the girls have real-life jobs just like the rest of us!
Eugenie is a director at the contemporary art gallery Hauser & Wirth, while Beatrice has a job at US technology firm Afiniti as an outsourcing strategist.
Princess Eugenie and Beatrice have a close bond with each other and also their mother. The threesome even have a cute nickname for themselves, 'Tripod'.
"What can't I live without? My family. That sounds cheesy, but I really can't," Eugenie revealed to Harper's Bazaar in 2006.
"Especially my mum. I wouldn't be able to make tough decisions without her. And my sister."
"My mum always says that we're the only ones who know exactly what's going on in each other's lives."
Just as Kate Middleton had her sister Pippa as her maid of honour when she married Prince William, it's thought considering their tight bond, Eugenie will chose Beatrice for the same role.
While there have been very few details revealed about Eugenie's October nuptials to Jack Brookbanks, one thing is almost certain, her older sister will play a big role in the wedding.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveToday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveToday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveToday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsTwo of Archie’s godparents have been revealed to be Prince Harry’s closest childhood mentors
Now To LoveYesterday 3:30pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveYesterday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- CareerArchie's beanie: Meet the Kiwi women whose business has been transformed thanks to one royal post
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am