The Duke and Duchess of Sussex tied the knot a little over a year ago in what can only be described as the biggest wedding of the year, a far cry from what we'd describe as "intimate".
However, in new audio recordings, Meghan and Harry have revealed behind-the-scene details about their historic day, including how, despite the size of the occasion, they were able to bring an intimate feel to the day.
"A great level of detail went into the planning of our wedding day," Meghan explains in the recordings.
"We knew how large the scale of the event would be, so in making choices that were really personal and meaningful, it could make the whole experience feel intimate."
The recordings are part of a museum exhibit, "A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex", which is currently touring the UK.
Beginning at Windsor Castle, the exhibit has now made its way to the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland, and Meghan and Harry have personally recorded an audio guide for visitors.
In the recordings Harry also spoke about why he opted for the attire that he did: "I chose the frock coat as a uniform, with the permission of my grandmother, because I think it's one of the smartest Household Cavalry uniforms," he shares.
"It's one of my favourites, and I was very fortunate to be able to wear that on the day."
Along with Harry's Household of Cavalry's uniform, Meghan's breathtaking bespoke gown designed by Givenchy's Clare Waight Keller is also on display, along with her sparkling bandeau tiara and veil.
Also on display are the adorable outfits worn by Prince George and Princess Charlotte, who acted as page boy and bridesmaid for their uncle and aunt, just two of 10 bridesmaids and page boys altogether!
The page boys wore exact replicas of Prince Harry's uniform, but George's has an extra special touch with his initials embroidered in gold thread on the epaulettes (the ornamental shoulder pieces), which Meghan reveals was Harry's idea.
"Such a beautiful keepsake for them," Meghan said.
Meanwhile Princess Charlotte stole the show in an ivory dress by Givenchy, worn with a flower crown and shoes by Aquazurra, with the soles embroidered with her initials 'CC', and the date of the wedding.
"We had 10 bridesmaids and page boys under the age of 7, which everybody says is impossible to have them all behaving, but they did it!," Prince Harry shared.
"It was a miracle," Meghan added.
Harry and Meghan celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary on May 19, just a week after Meghan gave birth to their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
"Happy one year anniversary to Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex," the caption begins.
"Today marks the one year anniversary of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Their Royal Highnesses exchanged vows at St George's Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle on May 19th, 2018.
"The selected song, "This Little Heart of Mine" was chosen by the couple for their recessional.
"We hope you enjoy reliving this moment, and seeing some behind the scenes photos from this special day."
Adding: "A message from the Duke & Duchess: Thank you for all of the love and support from so many of you around the world. Each of you made this day even more meaningful."
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- BodyThe truth about osteoporosis and bone health for Kiwi women
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019