The Duke and Duchess of Sussex tied the knot a little over a year ago in what can only be described as the biggest wedding of the year, a far cry from what we'd describe as "intimate".
However, in new audio recordings, Meghan and Harry have revealed behind-the-scene details about their historic day, including how, despite the size of the occasion, they were able to bring an intimate feel to the day.
"A great level of detail went into the planning of our wedding day," Meghan explains in the recordings.
"We knew how large the scale of the event would be, so in making choices that were really personal and meaningful, it could make the whole experience feel intimate."
The recordings are part of a museum exhibit, "A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex", which is currently touring the UK.
Beginning at Windsor Castle, the exhibit has now made its way to the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland, and Meghan and Harry have personally recorded an audio guide for visitors.
In the recordings Harry also spoke about why he opted for the attire that he did: "I chose the frock coat as a uniform, with the permission of my grandmother, because I think it's one of the smartest Household Cavalry uniforms," he shares.
"It's one of my favourites, and I was very fortunate to be able to wear that on the day."
Along with Harry's Household of Cavalry's uniform, Meghan's breathtaking bespoke gown designed by Givenchy's Clare Waight Keller is also on display, along with her sparkling bandeau tiara and veil.
Also on display are the adorable outfits worn by Prince George and Princess Charlotte, who acted as page boy and bridesmaid for their uncle and aunt, just two of 10 bridesmaids and page boys altogether!
The page boys wore exact replicas of Prince Harry's uniform, but George's has an extra special touch with his initials embroidered in gold thread on the epaulettes (the ornamental shoulder pieces), which Meghan reveals was Harry's idea.
"Such a beautiful keepsake for them," Meghan said.
Meanwhile Princess Charlotte stole the show in an ivory dress by Givenchy, worn with a flower crown and shoes by Aquazurra, with the soles embroidered with her initials 'CC', and the date of the wedding.
"We had 10 bridesmaids and page boys under the age of 7, which everybody says is impossible to have them all behaving, but they did it!," Prince Harry shared.
"It was a miracle," Meghan added.
Harry and Meghan celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary on May 19, just a week after Meghan gave birth to their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
"Happy one year anniversary to Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex," the caption begins.
"Today marks the one year anniversary of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Their Royal Highnesses exchanged vows at St George's Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle on May 19th, 2018.
"The selected song, "This Little Heart of Mine" was chosen by the couple for their recessional.
"We hope you enjoy reliving this moment, and seeing some behind the scenes photos from this special day."
Adding: "A message from the Duke & Duchess: Thank you for all of the love and support from so many of you around the world. Each of you made this day even more meaningful."
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019