The Duchess of Cambridge proved she wasn’t afraid to throw a few punches in the name of a good cause yesterday, as the stylish royal tried her hand at boxing at the launch of a new mental health campaign.
Kate was joined by her husband Prince William and Prince Harry at the event, which saw seven mental health charities come together to launch ‘Heads Together’, an initiative aimed at ending the stigma around mental health.
The mum-of-two – dressed in a high-waisted patterned skirt and chic white blouse – showed off her punching skills with the help of world champion boxer Duke McKenzie MBE, who revealed the royal had “a mean right jab” afterwards.
Not to be outdone, the two Princes gamely took a turn as well, gladly going a few rounds with Duke at the event.
“Harry was giving me the eye and I think Harry wanted to take me out but I had to let him know who the real Duke was,” the champion boxer joked.
“He was loving every minute of it. A really genuine guy,” he told the Daily Mail.
See more photos of the royals at the Heads Together launch here
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyMeet two Kiwi mums on a mission to raise body-confident teens
- RelationshipsThe Casketeers' Francis and Kaiora Tipene lift the lid on their 16 years of love
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthSonny Bill Williams and his wife Alana have welcomed their fourth child
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan says she’s a ‘sucker’ for Valentine’s Day in an unearthed blog post
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2020