It's been two months since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot at the wedding of the century, but one special guest can't stop talking about the memorable event: Elton John! The singer attended the nuptials on May 19, and on top of that, he even performed a few songs per the groom's request.
"It was very, very wonderful to be there," Elton told CNN in a new interview. "To have a black gospel choir, a multiracial bride, a black cellist, who was wonderful, a preacher — it felt like a party. And it felt like progress had been made. Thank god, thank god!"
He continued, "To be at the first multiracial royal wedding in Britain – amazing. I think the Queen had a lot to do with it. I think she's been magnificent. It was a wonderful thing to be at."
And his husband, David Furnish, felt the same way. "What was so inspiring, and it sounds corny, but, true love is what really shone through and that's what everybody felt, the sincerity and the integrity of that true love on the day," he shared with the news outlet.
Elton previously gushed about Harry and Meghan's relationship shortly after their engagement. "I could tell that he was totally in love," the father-of-two said during an interview in January. "He didn't really discuss much personally but he said 'I'm in love' and I thought 'good for you.' Both of those boys are very special to me because of their mother. Both of those boys seem to be ecstatically happy and that's all you want people to be."
The "Tiny Dancer" singer was very close to Princess Diana, and we bet he wishes she was able to attend Harry's nuptials. "She was very much loved," the 71-year-old once told ITV's Lorraine. "She was a controversial figure in some respects, but not to me. I loved her because she did so much for AIDS and she was a great friend to me." We love how close Elton and the royal family are!
This article originally appeared on Closer.
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveToday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:31am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Poppy Jennings' unexpected exit: what really went on
Now To LoveYesterday 8:55pm
- RoyalsPrince William reveals the unexpected activity the Cambridge children tried over the school break
Now To LoveYesterday 3:35pm
- BodyThis Kiwi mum lost a staggering 65kg in a year but says she will always miss her old size
Woman's DayYesterday 2:15pm
- RoyalsThe internet thinks The Sussexes just made a subtle dig at Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Now To LoveYesterday 12:50pm
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:40am
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesFeb 23, 2020
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesFeb 22, 2020
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayFeb 22, 2020