The Duchess of Cambridge has made a surprise hospital visit to meet with those affected by the London Bridge attacks.
Kate, 35, arrived at the King’s College Hospital in Denmark Hill, south-east London, shortly before 2pm on Monday (local time). The hospital was one of two facilities to receive the bulk of casualties in the aftermath of the most recent attacks on the city, which left eight people dead and 48 more injured.
During the appearance which was not publicised in advance, the much-loved royal privately visited the bedsides of six patients who are still being treated. In total, 14 members of the public were admitted to the facility, predominantly suffering from stab wounds -- of those, seven are deemed to be in a critical condition and continue to require round-the-clock care.
The mother-of-two, who was dressed in an understated navy blue skirt suit and coordinating point-toe pumps, also spoke with staff at the facility who rallied in the aftermath of the city’s June 3 terror attack, making sure to shake hands and exchange words with many.
“I suppose at the time you didn’t know how big or what the extent of the incident was,” she told hospital staff. “You just got your heads down and got on with it. The response was amazing. I presume you are trained to cope with this but hope this kind of incident never happens. What you do is remarkable.”
The Duchess was also overhead asking a female staffer if she had received enough emotional support in the wake of the atrocity.
She responded: "We look after each other."
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020