We just love it when the royals dip into their impressive treasure trove of jewels. And on Tuesday evening, Duchess Catherine made a sparkling entrance to The Queen's annual Diplomatic Reception held at Buckingham Palace with one of the dynasty's most iconic pieces.
Kate Middleton, who is pregnant with her third child, paid tribute to Princess Diana by donning her favourite tiara - the Queen Mary's Lover's Knot tiara, which is also referred to as the Cambridge Lover’s Knot tiara.
She teamed the statement headpiece with pearl-drop earrings and a stunning diamond necklace.
Although only the top of her gown could be seen as she arrived in a chauffeur-driven Bentley, fans were given a glimpse of her embellished white dress.
The 35-year-old's brunette locks were swept up into an elegant chignon so her impressive diamond jewels could take pride of place.
The showstopping tiara is an heirloom headpiece which the Queen inherited it from her grandmother Queen Mary, before giving it to Diana as a present on her wedding day in 1981.
It was worn by Diana on many occasions but returned to the Queen when Diana and Charles divorced in 1996.
This week's event was only the fifth time Kate’s been seen wearing a tiara since becoming a member of the royal family. She was last pictured wearing the glittering accessory at last year's event.
Also in attendance was Kate's husband Prince William, who looked stylish in a white tie and regal blazer.
Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla made a stylish appearance, with the Duchess of Cornwall stepping out in a white lace gown, the Boucheron tiara from The Queen's collection and a four-string pearl necklace.
The dinner is seen as the main diplomatic social event of the year in London and over 1500 public figures, politicians and dignitaries are invited from 130 countries.
Last year, the key senior members posed for a portrait from within the bash so here's hoping they release a new one this year!
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020