We just love it when the royals dip into their impressive treasure trove of jewels. And on Tuesday evening, Duchess Catherine made a sparkling entrance to The Queen's annual Diplomatic Reception held at Buckingham Palace with one of the dynasty's most iconic pieces.
Kate Middleton, who is pregnant with her third child, paid tribute to Princess Diana by donning her favourite tiara - the Queen Mary's Lover's Knot tiara, which is also referred to as the Cambridge Lover’s Knot tiara.
She teamed the statement headpiece with pearl-drop earrings and a stunning diamond necklace.
Although only the top of her gown could be seen as she arrived in a chauffeur-driven Bentley, fans were given a glimpse of her embellished white dress.
The 35-year-old's brunette locks were swept up into an elegant chignon so her impressive diamond jewels could take pride of place.
The showstopping tiara is an heirloom headpiece which the Queen inherited it from her grandmother Queen Mary, before giving it to Diana as a present on her wedding day in 1981.
It was worn by Diana on many occasions but returned to the Queen when Diana and Charles divorced in 1996.
This week's event was only the fifth time Kate’s been seen wearing a tiara since becoming a member of the royal family. She was last pictured wearing the glittering accessory at last year's event.
Also in attendance was Kate's husband Prince William, who looked stylish in a white tie and regal blazer.
Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla made a stylish appearance, with the Duchess of Cornwall stepping out in a white lace gown, the Boucheron tiara from The Queen's collection and a four-string pearl necklace.
The dinner is seen as the main diplomatic social event of the year in London and over 1500 public figures, politicians and dignitaries are invited from 130 countries.
Last year, the key senior members posed for a portrait from within the bash so here's hoping they release a new one this year!
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019