It's not often when Duchess Catherine dons a tiara, but based on past experience, we think she has a favourite.
On Tuesday December 3rd, the Duchess of Cambridge joined her husband Prince William, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception, an annual white tie affair held at Buckingham Palace. And in a rare move from the Palace, we were able to get a full look from inside the royal walls.
Dressed in a stunning evening gown, the Duchess topped off her ensemble with her favourite piece of royal bling, Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara which previously belonged to Princess Diana.
The Cambridge Lover's Knot is an heirloom tiara which The Queen inherited from her grandmother Queen Mary, before giving it to Princess Diana as a wedding present in 1981.
The late Princess of Wales wore the show-stopping piece on many occasions but returned it to the Queen when she and Prince Charles divorced in 1996.
Of the nine times Duchess Catherine has worn a tiara, five of those occasions have seen her wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot so it's clearly a top pick and a sweet tribute to her late mother-in-law.
The Queen hosted Tuesday night's reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps based in London, who support the work of the Royal Family and represent them both in the UK and overseas.
And Her Majesty was equally radiant dripping in jewels as she greeted ambassadors and dignitaries around the world.
Looks like the evening was a rousing success!
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019