It's not often when Duchess Catherine dons a tiara, but based on past experience, we think she has a favourite.
On Tuesday December 3rd, the Duchess of Cambridge joined her husband Prince William, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception, an annual white tie affair held at Buckingham Palace. And in a rare move from the Palace, we were able to get a full look from inside the royal walls.
Dressed in a stunning evening gown, the Duchess topped off her ensemble with her favourite piece of royal bling, Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara which previously belonged to Princess Diana.
The Cambridge Lover's Knot is an heirloom tiara which The Queen inherited from her grandmother Queen Mary, before giving it to Princess Diana as a wedding present in 1981.
The late Princess of Wales wore the show-stopping piece on many occasions but returned it to the Queen when she and Prince Charles divorced in 1996.
Of the nine times Duchess Catherine has worn a tiara, five of those occasions have seen her wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot so it's clearly a top pick and a sweet tribute to her late mother-in-law.
The Queen hosted Tuesday night's reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps based in London, who support the work of the Royal Family and represent them both in the UK and overseas.
And Her Majesty was equally radiant dripping in jewels as she greeted ambassadors and dignitaries around the world.
Looks like the evening was a rousing success!
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019