How sweet! Meghan Markle's mum, Doria Ragland, had the cutest reaction to her daughter's first pregnancy after the news was announced to the world on Monday, Oct. 15.
A spokesperson for the palace revealed that Doria "is very happy about this lovely news and is looking forward to welcoming her first grandchild."
Doria, 62, isn't the only royal family member to have spoken out about Meghan and Prince Harry's baby news.
Kate Middleton and Prince William are also reportedly "delighted" that Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, are expecting their first child together.
And after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed their happy news to members of the monarchy at Princess Eugenie's wedding on Friday, Oct. 12, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, and Prince Charles reportedly told Harry and Meghan how happy they are for them to be expecting.
Friends of the royal family including Prime Minister Theresa May and the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, also wished the couple well.
"My warmest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the happy news they are expecting a baby in the Spring. Wishing them all the best," Theresa wrote in a statement.
"Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their happy news! Prayers for them in the months ahead," the Archbishop — who married Meghan and Harry at their May 19 royal wedding! — said, according to People.
To announce Meghan's pregnancy, the Kensington Palace Instagram account posted the following message on the morning of Oct. 15: "Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
"Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public."
We can't wait to meet Harry and Meghan's baby in just a few months!
Via our sister site Closer Weekly.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020