Royals

A Buckingham Palace staff member has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19

It is not known how much contact the staff worker had with the Queen.

A Buckingham Palace staff member has reportedly tested positive for Covid-19.
According to The Sun Her Majesty was sent to Windsor Castle on Thursday soon after the diagnosis, and royal sources say she remains in good health.The aide, who has not been named, fell ill and tested positive for the virus earlier last week.
Every member of Royal Household staff they came into contact with has since been placed in self-isolation, the publication has said.
It was not known how much contact the staff worker had with the Queen.
A source has claimed the worker tested positive before the Queen left for Windsor.
"The Palace has 500 members of staff so, like any workplace, it's not inconceivable it would be affected in some stage."
However, a Palace spokesman said: "We wouldn't comment on individual members of staff.
"In line with the appropriate guidance and our own processes, we have taken the necessary actions to protect all employees and people involved."
The news comes just days after it was confirmed Prince Albert of Monaco has tested postive for coronavirus.
The 62-year-old was continuing to work from the office in his private apartments and remains in contact with members of his cabinet and government.
He gave PEOPLE an update on his health on the weekend, saying, "A little news. Condition unchanged. Little fever, little cough. Vital signs all good. The doctors are satisfied for now."
At Windsor she was reunited with Prince Philip, 98, who was helicoptered to Windsor after retiring from public life in 2017. He has reportedly spent most of his time in Norfolk on Wood Farm since.
They are socially distancing with a reduced household for their safety at Windsor Castle in Berkshire.
A statement released by Buckingham Palace last week announced the cancellation of a number of significant events in the royal diary including the Garden Parties hosted by the Queen which were scheduled for May. One of the Queen's favourite events, the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, will not go ahead this year either.
"Further announcements on Trooping the Colour, the 75th anniversary of VE Day and the State Visit by the Emperor and Empress of Japan will be made in due course, in consultation with the Government," the Palace statement said.
Prince Beatrice's wedding plans are also on hold, with the cancellation of her wedding reception which was to be hosted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace's gardens.
Meanwhile Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, don't have any scheduled engagements at the moment, with Duchess Catherine spotted shopping at the weekend with the three Cambridge children close to their country home Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
Parents were asked to remove their children from Thomas's Battersea, the school which the royal duo attend, last week, a statement from the school confirmed.
It's 'as close to business as usual' for Prince Charles and Princess Anne with their public engagements for now, although they are no longer shaking hands with those they meet and Princess Anne has started wearing gloves.