This week Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, celebrated her 72nd birthday and because she's not one to shirk her royal duties, she did so in the most unusual of ways.
While part of the day was spent cutting a cake that was not her birthday cake, the other involved cuddling donkeys.
Duchess Camilla and Prince Charles were on a three-day tour of Cornwall and Devon this week and the duchess' birthday happened to fall in the middle of the tour, on Wednesday.
And so the royal pair spent it attending a 70th anniversary celebration of the National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act in Exmoor National Park.
During the visit the duchess was asked to do the honour of cutting a cake that had been specially commissioned to honour the parks.
Even though it wasn't her birthday cake, the national parks staff still burst into song, singing Happy Birthday as Camilla and Charles smiled broadly, clearly delighted by the gesture.
Prince Charles followed the song by giving her a warm hug, proving that the two are just as in love as ever.
The Duchess of Cornwall also celebrated her 72nd birthday with some unlikely companions: donkeys!
She visited the Donkey Sanctuary, which was celebrating its 50th anniversary. Camilla was asked to name the sanctuary's new foal and landed on a very sweet name, Sweetpea!
Duchess Camilla will receive updates on the little donkey's progress as she grows up.
The day before her birthday the Duchess of Cornwall proved she was a dab hand in the kitchen, visiting Ginsters Bakery on Tuesday, where she tried her hand at making a traditional Cornish pasty.
One local Michelin star chef, who was particularly impressed with her baking attempts, told media: "It is a real skill that takes a while to get the knack of.
"It took me ages to learn how to do it properly so for her to do what she did, she did very well. It was better than my first go."
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019