She's well known for having the strongest of poker faces and practising pragmatic diplomacy.
But underneath it all, The Queen is a secret softie at heart and isn't exempt from having a favourite grandchild.
And as her grandson Prince Harry prepares to marry Meghan Markle in the upcoming Royal Wedding, eagle eyed fans have noticed an interesting detail that many think reveal Prince Harry is her favourite grandchild.
Royal watchers have noticed a subliminal sign in The Queen's most recent Christmas message.
Speaking from her desk about the year that was and taking a moment to welcome Meghan Markle into the Royal Family, a selection of frame photos could be seen in the background.
Sitting pride of place was a touching image of Prince Harry and his bride-to-be Meghan Markle taken at their engagement photo call in November.
Next to the snap, another framed photo of her oldest son Prince Charles and his wife Duchess Camilla could be seen.
On The Queen's main table, the 92-year-old has two photos of her and Prince Philip taken 70 years apart next to photos of her great-grandchildren, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
Royal commentators have pointed out the fact Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge haven't made the cut.
But considering The Queen has eight grandchildren and six great-grandchildren, there may just not be ample space!
Over the years, Prince Harry has spoken of his profound love and respect for his grandmother The Queen.
"Once you're in the military, she means a lot more to you than just a grandmother. She is the queen. And then you suddenly, it's like start realising, you know, wow, this is quite a big deal. And then you get goose bumps and then the rest of it," the 33-year-old revealed in the past during his time in the army.
It's also important to note, her relationship with Prince William will always be more serious as she's been tasked to train him for his future role as The King. While Prince Harry will never come to the throne, he can have a more playful, typical grandson-grandmother dynamic with the ruler.
In 2016, The Queen and Harry's strong bond was put on full display when he coaxed the monarch to take part in a spoof clip dissing the Obamas in the lead up to the Invictus Games.
Suits star Meghan has also spoken of her "incredible" meetings with The Queen.
"To be able to meet her through his lens, not just with his honour and respect for her as the monarch, but the love that he has for her as his grandmother, all of those layers have been so important for me so that when I met her I had such a deep understanding and of course incredible respect for being able to have that time with her. She's an incredible woman," she said during their engagement interview.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019