Can you recall a moment when Duchess Catherine hasn't looked impossibly regal and polished? Or a time when Meghan Markle wasn't adorably reaching to hold hands with Prince Harry? And when you think of Princess Diana, do you remember the controversial time she wore (and rocked) a little black dress?
We tend to focus a lot of our attention on the seemingly perfect lives of the royal family, particularly its newest members. We carefully observe how they adjust to royal life and what they wear, often forgetting that those who marry into the royal family had lives before they became royalty. New duchesses and princesses, while beautiful and elegant, would've left behind very fun and fulfilling lives to marry their princes.
Meghan Markle, Diana Spencer and Kate Middleton may have needed to sacrifice their personal style, privacy, careers, hobbies, social media accounts (Meghan, we're looking at you!) and ability to voice their opinions publicly - all the little things we take for granted.
To celebrate the smart, funny and savvy women behind their polite royal appearances, Now To Love is taking a look back at the pre-royal lives of three wonderfully strong women - including the late Princess Diana, who was an inspiration to many.
Scroll through our gallery of the best pre-royal photos of Diana Spencer, Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
20 / 0
21 / 0
22 / 0
23 / 0
24 / 0
25 / 0
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019