Ryan Reynolds is the latest in a long line of big names to bestow praise on Taika Waititi for his work on Thor: Ragnarok.
"Late to the party on Thor: Ragnarok," the Deadpool actor Tweeted today. "I dislocated my face laughing. @TaikaWaititi is an international treasure. Protect his mind and body at all costs".
Waititi is fast winning friends and influencing people in Hollywood. Matt Damon revealed before Christmas that it was his friendship with Taika that led to his cameo on Thor: Ragnarok.
Movie buffs are particularly excited about a potential future Reynolds/Waititi pairing. The proposed merger of film studios 20th Century Fox and Disney could mean the movie companies that own the rights to the Deadpool and Thor franchises could fall under the same umbrella, meaning a possible cross-over film.
Waititi's follow-up project to Thor won't be another Hollywood blockbuster. He is set to direct a stop-motion feature on Michael Jackson's chimp Bubbles.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021