As an Oscar-winning actress, women's advocate and mother-of-four, Nicole Kidman is a force to be reckoned with.
And at a recent Q&A session at the Toronto International Film Festival to promote the 51-year-old actress's new film Destroyer an audience member learned this the hard way.
Kidman shut him down when he asked her a question about wigs.
Kidman is unrecogniseable in her latest role, in which she plays Erin Bell, a "rough around the edges" LAPD detective who is struggling with a traumatic experience as an undercover cop in a Californian gang.
"We always knew that what we wanted her to look like was a real middle-aged woman with a past that she wears on her face... With sun damage and sleep deprivation and stress and rage, just in her whole physical body," the film's director Karyn Kusama told Vanity Fair.
A movie writer for the Los Angeles Times, Mark Olsen, tweeted Kidman's response when she was asked to rank the wigs she wore.
According to Olsen, Kidman replied: "That's an awful question. I am shutting that question down."
This is not the first time Kidman has challenged questions. During a radio interview two years ago about the movie, Lion, in which she had a starring role, she said to radio host Jenni Murray, "God you guys are personal."
The Aussie actress has transformed her look and worn wigs for a number of roles including Lion and Top of the Lake.
And while her answer might seem a little unexpected, Olsen did clarify it was given "lightly but genuinely".
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021