This season of Married at First Sight Australia was full of big personalities - so much so that many of them have faced questions about whether or not they were paid actors. Certainly, when it comes to acting or modelling, more than a few of the participants have form.
Billy Vincent appeared in a 2012 McDonalds commercial, and is a regular in the Manscapes nude calendar. His wife Susie Bradley featured scantily clad in an ad for peptides, and controversial groom Sam Ball made a steamy appearance on Home & Away, and was also in several episodes of the Netflix series Secret City.
Dino Hira appeared on First Dates Australia back in 2018, making the most of his screen time by telling his date about his modelling experience including pageants and runway, and also revealing that she was lucky enough to be sitting across the table from Mr Australasia.
Former stripper Bronson Norrish flexed his muscles in an episode of Australian Ninja Warrior, and Tamara Joy has a StarNow profile listing herself as an actor, extra and model.
Jessika Power - whose motives for being on the show were questioned by the cast on more than one occasion - has steadily been trying to boost her modelling career since filming wrapped, and even once appeared in a 2017 for Speqs glasses alongside Dino.
Watch: MAFS Sam's steamy appearance on Home & Away. Article continues below.
And when it comes to seeking the limelight, Melissa Lucarelli is no exception. The 38-year-old talent agent previously starred as an extra in Home and Away and has an upcoming role in an Australian film The Script of Life.
But it's her showreel which provides the most interesting viewing, proving it's not just acting she's trying to get into - she's focused on presenting too. Be it reading the weather for 9 News (incidentally, the same network that screens MAFS in Australia), interviewing celebrities at movie premieres, covering a singles night for a radio station, travel show presenting and cooking demonstrations, Melissa proves she's a woman of many talents.
The showreel was uploaded to the video sharing website Vimeo a year ago - roughly four months before filming for MAFS began. Given the fact that producers were actively scouting for 'talent' rather than relying on people to apply, it's no surprise Melissa popped up on their radar.
Melissa has categorically stated that she was on MAFS to find love, and unfortunately her disastrous match with Dino didn't provide that. But appearing on a show as popular as Married at First Sight is certainly a good way to raise one's profile when you're struggling to get traction in the dog-eat-dog world of showbusiness. Just sayin'.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019