Married at First Sight Australia viewers were left gobsmacked when the developing affair between Sam Ball and Ines basic went to the next level this week with an illicit sleepover during a Gold Coast getaway.
While their affair has been creating some serious on-screen drama, Sam now admits he wishes he'd never met up with the 28-year-old legal assistant in the first place.
"If I had my time again, I probably would never have opened her message," Sam, 26, told TV WEEK.
"But it was in the moment and I was paired up with someone I didn't get on with [Elizabeth]. The whole point of applying was to meet someone I could fall in love with. Ines seemed more my type and I was intrigued as to who she was as a person."
However, Sam says he's since changed his mind about the striking brunette now he's had the chance to see how poorly Ines has treated her on-screen husband Bronson Norrish.
"It's terrible and embarrassing," he says. "The way she treated him is a true representation of herself. Obviously, I was blind to that – all I saw were the smiles.
"She seemed lovely, but you never know what you're going to get with her. She's manipulative and smart."
Ines decided to stay with Bronson at the last commitment ceremony after telling the relationship experts things were improving between the pair. But her real intentions were clear.
"I just want Sam," she says on camera. "I don't want to work on my marriage now. Every time I look at him, I just want to have sex with him."
Sam, too, agreed to continue with the experiment, saying he wanted to find out "what's going on" with Elizabeth, who at that point was AWOL.
But he later admitted on camera he's "done and dusted" with his wife and is staying only to see if things with Ines progress.
"She's keen and wants to take this a step further, and that's amazing," he says.
And a step further it went. With Elizabeth a no-show to the Gold Coast holiday and Bronson and Ines sleeping in separate hotel rooms, Sam and Ines were given carte blanche to explore things further.
But their affair didn't remain a secret for long, with fellow MAFS co-stars getting wind of the romance.
"Ines suddenly had a lot to say about Sam, so I asked her if she fancied him," Jules, 36, explains. "She said no. Little did we know they'd been seeing each other.
"We didn't know what was going on at all. That was an opportunity for her to be honest. She lied to everyone."
Cyrell, in particular, doesn't hold back her opinion about the affair, as she has been cheated on in the past.
"I was like, 'How can you do that to good people?' They could have just been honest," she says.
"The sneaking-around part got to me the most. It's how they went about it. I don't like fake people and I don't like liars."
While Sam is keen to play the victim in this whole storyline, telling Elizabeth at the last dinner party that she'd wasted his time, the experts were having none of it.
"Oh I don't think you've wasted your time Sam," Trisha Stratford commented.
"I think you've been quite busy," Mel Schilling deadpanned.
Watch the moment below. Article continues after video.
To her credit, Elizabeth isn't wasting any more of her time worrying about it.
"They belong with each other," she told TV WEEK. "They would act sweet to my face and then tear me apart behind my back. I think they're disgusting."
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020