Married at First Sight Australia's Sam Ball has taken an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) out against his former girlfriend.
30-year-old Akila Ahmunett, whose real name is Nadia Tabbaa, has been charged with stalking and harassing the reality TV star and appeared in court this week.
The pair began a relationship in December last year after Sam finished filming Married at First Sight. But "after multiple incidents, Sam decided to end the relationship when he began fearing for his safety," a source told Woman's Day.
"Since Sam ended things, she has refused to leave him alone," the source continued.
Sam, 26, first took the matter to authorities last month, arriving at Newtown Police Station in Sydney on February 4th to report a number of events that had occurred between the pair.
On Thursday 21 Feb, he then decided to take legal action against his ex-girlfriend.
A statement obtained by Woman's Day from the NSW Police Force in relation to the matter read:
"On Monday 4 February 2019, a 26-year-old man contacted police about alleged domestic abuse involving a 30-year-old woman. Officers from Inner-West Police Area Command commenced enquiries."
Things escalated after that, and Sam called Police on the 22nd February alleging Ahmunett confronted him inside his home.
"About 2am on Friday, 22 February 2019, police were called to an Alexandria home, where they located a 26-year-old man and arrested a 30-year-old woman," Police confirmed.
Ahmunett was taken to Newtown Police Station and charged with "stalking and intimidation with intention to cause fear or physical harm, using a mobile phone, email and social media to menace and harass and two counts of unlawfully entering" Sam's home.
Accompanied by a friend, she appeared in Sydney's Newton Local Court on Monday. The charge of trespassing Sam's property was dismissed. She sought to have the other remaining charges of stalking and harassing withdrawn.
According to her lawyer, Geoff Harrison, Ahmunett would plead not guilty if the charges were not withdrawn. "There's two sides to every story,'" he said.
Ahmunett is on conditional bail. The interim AVO will continue until the matter returns to Downing Centre Local Court on April 15.
Watch: The truth of Sam and Ines' affair comes out. Story continues after video.
It hasn't been an easy few months for Sam. After his on-screen marriage to Elizabeth Sobinoff broke down, he became public enemy number one after beginning an affair with Ines Basic.
He was then involved in a freak accident after falling off his roof an impaling himself on a 25cm-long spike.
"I thought I was dead," Sam, told TV WEEK. "Looking at the fear in my friends' eyes and them telling me it was going to be OK… I thought, 'I'm done here'. It wasn't good."
"It [the spike] hit the thickest part of my leg," he explained. "But if I'd landed any lower on it and penetrated an artery, I would have been dead in three minutes."
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019