If there's one character on Married At First Sight NZ who has often been underestimated, it's Christopher Wilson.
The oldest in the group at 55 years old, his TV wife Rose dismissed him as unsexy and too Dad-like. He didn't fit in with 'the boys', Ray and Jimmy. And even the experts, Tony and Steph, seemed a little condemning of him at times. On Sunday night's reunion dinner party episode they furrowed their brows when he arrived at the restaurant wearing jeans, a tee and leather jacket. Steph asked with concern, "Has he dressed younger tonight for Rose or for himself or for the rest of the group?"
But tonight Christopher finally got his moment - and, people, it was worth the wait.
At the reunion dinner party Ray and Jimmy were vying for a showdown with Jono. So when Jono finally broke and took a shot at Ray, it was open warfare.
The exchange between the former husbands was vicious. No one knew where to look, and if there ever had been a party atmosphere it was now well and truly ruined.
Who extinguished the battle?
Christopher, with one simple question.
To Ray he calmly asked, "Are you going to see each other again?"
When Ray replied "Probably not" Christoper then asked him, "So what's the problem?"
Ray's response, "I'm just calling him out for bullshit like I did you at the first dinner party", sounded flustered and he was then again shut down when Christopher questioned why this had to be dragged up if Ray had no intention of seeing Jono again anyway.
Christopher might not be as hip and cool as the younger cast members. He might miss a little with his jokes.
But in this moment he was boss, showing wisdom, experience and self control.
The producers could not have scripted a more dignified finale to his time on the reality TV series.
Christopher, we salute you!
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019