Married at First Sight Australia viewers have been watching Nic Jovanovic and Cyrell Jimenez's marriage with interest.
From their first meeting at the altar they've faced challenges. Cyrell's overprotective brother Ivan, who vowed this marriage was doomed from the start, was their first hurdle. But Cyrell's trust issues soon came to light and threatened to detail the marriage, reaching breaking point when Cyrell confronted Martha over rumours of Nic making moves on Jessika.
Watch: The explosive moment Cyrell confronts Martha. Story continues below.
Speaking to TV WEEK, 28-year-old cancer survivor Nic admits Cyrell's temperament has been hard for him to deal with.
"The outbursts are intense and something I'm not used to," he says of his wife's meltdowns.
"It's the opposite of how I deal with things. Things escalate so quickly. When things are good with us, they're great. But when it's bad, it's horrendous. There's no middle."
Nic admires Cyrell's "bubbly and funny" side and acknowledges the lessons she's learned throughout the experiment. But he's unsure as to what's next.
"It's great she's been having these breakthroughs, but I'm the punching bag to get there," he says.
"I feel like I'm always trying to work around her in the relationship: 'What triggers her? What doesn't trigger her?'
"I've been sacrificing what I think to try to make her happy."
Cyrell herself acknowledges that she can be hard to handle at times, and has even begun referring to herself as 'Cyclone Cyrell.' But she says she's not entirely to blame for the rocky road, and cautions viewers that there was a lot going on behind the scenes that wasn't shown.
"You don't know how many people have contacted me letting me know that Nic was in it just for the fame," she tells Now to Love.
"He made several comments like 'why aren't we getting papped yet?' 'Are we boring? 'We're not getting any air time'" and asking her how many followers she thinks they'll get as a result of the show.
"That's why I fight with him so much," she says, "but obviously that doesn't get aired."
Watch: Cyrell explains the reason why her and Nic fight to much. Story continues below.
And that's not the only thing that's been causing tension between the pair.
A sex tape featuring Nic, which was filmed before the experiment, has been doing the rounds and Cyrell is not happy about it. She has sensationally claimed that it was Nic himself who leaked the tape to boost his profile, saying he's only on the show to get "Instagram famous."
"I know for a fact it was him that's leaked it because he kept on sitting there begging me, 'Cyrell, I know you know which friend it's from. I just want to know so I can cut them from my life'," Cyrell told KIIS FM in Australia.
"And I turned around and I said, 'You know what Nic, the fact that you can't figure out which friend it was, let's me know, how many did you send it to?'"
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayAug 18, 2019