Married at First Sight Australia viewers have been watching Nic Jovanovic and Cyrell Jimenez's marriage with interest.
From their first meeting at the altar they've faced challenges. Cyrell's overprotective brother Ivan, who vowed this marriage was doomed from the start, was their first hurdle. But Cyrell's trust issues soon came to light and threatened to detail the marriage, reaching breaking point when Cyrell confronted Martha over rumours of Nic making moves on Jessika.
Watch: The explosive moment Cyrell confronts Martha. Story continues below.
Speaking to TV WEEK, 28-year-old cancer survivor Nic admits Cyrell's temperament has been hard for him to deal with.
"The outbursts are intense and something I'm not used to," he says of his wife's meltdowns.
"It's the opposite of how I deal with things. Things escalate so quickly. When things are good with us, they're great. But when it's bad, it's horrendous. There's no middle."
Nic admires Cyrell's "bubbly and funny" side and acknowledges the lessons she's learned throughout the experiment. But he's unsure as to what's next.
"It's great she's been having these breakthroughs, but I'm the punching bag to get there," he says.
"I feel like I'm always trying to work around her in the relationship: 'What triggers her? What doesn't trigger her?'
"I've been sacrificing what I think to try to make her happy."
Cyrell herself acknowledges that she can be hard to handle at times, and has even begun referring to herself as 'Cyclone Cyrell.' But she says she's not entirely to blame for the rocky road, and cautions viewers that there was a lot going on behind the scenes that wasn't shown.
"You don't know how many people have contacted me letting me know that Nic was in it just for the fame," she tells Now to Love.
"He made several comments like 'why aren't we getting papped yet?' 'Are we boring? 'We're not getting any air time'" and asking her how many followers she thinks they'll get as a result of the show.
"That's why I fight with him so much," she says, "but obviously that doesn't get aired."
Watch: Cyrell explains the reason why her and Nic fight to much. Story continues below.
And that's not the only thing that's been causing tension between the pair.
A sex tape featuring Nic, which was filmed before the experiment, has been doing the rounds and Cyrell is not happy about it. She has sensationally claimed that it was Nic himself who leaked the tape to boost his profile, saying he's only on the show to get "Instagram famous."
"I know for a fact it was him that's leaked it because he kept on sitting there begging me, 'Cyrell, I know you know which friend it's from. I just want to know so I can cut them from my life'," Cyrell told KIIS FM in Australia.
"And I turned around and I said, 'You know what Nic, the fact that you can't figure out which friend it was, let's me know, how many did you send it to?'"
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveToday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveYesterday 4:20pm
- BodyThe developments in cancer research that are giving the experts hope
- Married at First SightMAFS' expert Mel Schilling admits drama comes into play in the matchmaking process
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- RoyalsThe Queen and Prince Charles release emotional statements following the fire of Notre-Dame Cathedral
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019
- RoyalsIs Duchess Meghan writing her own Instagram posts? These royal commentators think so
Now To LoveApr 16, 2019