Jules Robinson's marriage to Cameron Merchant is going from strength to strength on Married At First Sight. She has often talked about how she believes Cam was "tailor made" for her, and they've already made plans to move in together after the show finishes. But behind closed doors, Jules reveals she was close to quitting the experiment.
After breaking down in tears ahead of the last commitment ceremony, Jules says it all became too much and she "didn't want to be there" anymore.
"I'd had enough of the drama and the toxicity," she explains to TV WEEK.
"There was so much nastiness going on. I felt really unhappy and was just drained. Everything we were a part of felt like it was becoming a bit of a joke."
The "nastiness" she was referring to has stemmed from the cheating scandals that have rocked the experiment. First, the confrontation on the Gold Coast between Elizabeth and Ines, when the rumour mill went into overdrive about Sam and Ines' secret hookups. And more recently, Cyrell calling Jess out for saying she wanted to sleep with Dan.
Jules singles out blonde beauty Jess for hitting on other husbands, saying, "It was so blatant. It was disgraceful, the sexual manner, but nothing surprises me about her behaviour," she told Woman's Day.
Jules hasn't held back on voicing her opinions when she feels something isn't right: she questioned Ines over her feelings for Sam and also called out Jess for choosing to stay in the experiment with Mick when their relationship was clearly over. But she insists she's not one for confrontation and that being caught in the crossfire made her feel "yucky".
"From that moment on, we [Cam and I] decided we wouldn't be involved in anyone else's drama," she says.
That might be easier said than done. With Jess and Dan's affair heating up, the truth is bound to come out sooner rather than later.
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveToday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveYesterday 4:20pm
- BodyThe developments in cancer research that are giving the experts hope
- Married at First SightMAFS' expert Mel Schilling admits drama comes into play in the matchmaking process
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- RoyalsThe Queen and Prince Charles release emotional statements following the fire of Notre-Dame Cathedral
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019
- RoyalsIs Duchess Meghan writing her own Instagram posts? These royal commentators think so
Now To LoveApr 16, 2019