For Married At First Sight participant Jessika Power, finding a partner and starting a family is a top priority.
However, the stakes are even higher for the bride-to-be who admits she had an unsettled family upbringing.
The 26-year-old revealed on the show that she grew up without her biological father in her life after he and her mother divorced when she was very young.
"Growing up I didn't have the best upbringing," she said. "My mum and my dad divorced when I was one and then my mum moved to Western Australia, because she said it was the furthest away she could get from him. I didn't have a strong father figure when I needed it the most growing up. That was hard."
Sadly, that wasn't the full story of her family estrangement.
When her wedding to Mick aired, fans were left wondering why Jessika's mother didn't attend. Jessika has revealed to TV WEEK that it's because her mum isn't in her life anymore.
When her mother remarried, Jessika was lucky enough to grow up with a supportive stepfather. Unfortunately, however, her relationship with her mother deteriorated over time.
"Me and Mum don't talk," the administration officer and part-time model reveals. "All we did was argue. So one day, I just turned around and was like, 'Let's just cut it.' Ever since then, I've been a lot happier."
Jessika is also adamant her mother won't be involved should she find her perfect match and decide to start a family of her own.
"I don't hold any hatred towards her, but our relationship is too far gone," she says. "I don't miss not having a mum in my life."
In happier news, Jessika is thrilled to have reunited with her biological father, Troy. The pair reconnected six years ago and she says it's been "amazing getting to know him".
"We now talk twice a day, she says. "He's the most beautiful man I've ever met.
Troy walked Jessika down the aisle at her wedding on MAFS, but she reveals she'd also like her stepfather to be involved if she has a 'real' wedding after the show.
"In the real world, I'd have both my dad and stepfather walk me down the aisle."
It remains to be seen whether that 'real' wedding will be legally marrying Mick, or whether it will be a new man
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveToday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilySamantha Hayes shares her heartache after visiting a refugee camp in Jordan
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerJulie Anne Genter on bicycles, babies and what's going to make a better world
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 15, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Mick Gould has posed naked in the name of rural mental health
Now To LoveJun 14, 2019