It's been brewing for a while now. But on last night's episode of Married At First Sight, Sam Ball and Ines Basic sealed the deal and took their affair to the next level.
The couple, who are partnered with Elizabeth Sobinoff and Bronson Norrish respectively, had a secret date before returning to the bedroom with neither of their partners any the wiser.
Now, controversial bride Ines has broken her silence on the scandalous affair and it seems like the 28-year-old legal assistant is smitten with her new man.
"Everything with Sam and I was done at such a high-paced, emotionally-charged level," Ines confessed to 9Honey Celebrity.
"We connected on a very different level. Like we didn't really need to speak. We could just feel each other's emotions."
She even dropped that old chestnut that they could finish each others sentences thanks to their "spiritual connection."
But Ines says that her meet-up with 26 year-old tradie Sam was a lot deeper than what we saw on screen.
While their secret date may have seemed to lack substance, she admitted that she wanted to get to know Sam and his soul and have a "deeper conversation."
"I don't know if it was because the cameras were around, he didn't want to be too vulnerable, because off-camera, he did open up a lot more. When I spent the night with him."
WATCH: MAFS 2019: Ines and Sam take their affair to a whole other level. Post continues after video...
Despite her tough persona on the show, Ines isn't coping with the backlash the affair has generated.
Sources tell Woman's Day that not only has she cut herself off from the rest of the cast, but she's also distanced herself from her closest friends, and is living like a recluse in her Brisbane home.
"She's lost about 12kg since filming finished – and she was tiny to begin with. Everyone's really worried about her," they said.
Unluckily for Ines though, it seems like Sam doesn't feel that same connection.
"If I had my time again, I probably would never have opened her message," he told TV WEEK of the message that kicked everything off.
"But it was in the moment and I was paired up with someone I didn't get on with [Elizabeth]. The whole point of applying was to meet someone I could fall in love with. Ines seemed more my type and I was intrigued as to who she was as a person."
Sam and Ines' jilted partners were less than impressed with the way they were treated.
"They belong with each other," Elizabeth told TV WEEK. "They would act sweet to my face and then tear me apart behind my back. I think they're disgusting."
Bronson just wishes they'd been upfront about the whole thing.
"I wish she'd told me to get out of there a lot sooner," he said. "If she wants to see Sam, good on her, but don't drag me through the mud and waste my time.
"They're suited to each other because they have that mentality where they don't care about anyone else. Sam could have come up to me too and had a yarn. What he did was very disrespectful and definitely a bro-code violation!"
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019