She stood by and watched as her TV husband Sam cheated on her with Ines, but Elizabeth enjoyed a romance with another groom herself – Nic!
Sources have told Woman's Day that the unlikely pair dated in real life before they went on the show, when they were both living in New South Wales.
"Nic and Lizzie actually matched on Tinder before they were cast on MAFS and started messaging each other," a source dishes.
"Nic was super-keen on her and asked her out on a date immediately."
The pair were apparently dating for a while before the relationship fizzled out and they stopped contact altogether.
That is, until their paths crossed again during the first MAFS dinner party, leaving them both absolutely "gobsmacked".
"They were shocked when they saw each other but introduced themselves and began chatting as if they were total strangers. Nic, who married Cyrell on the show, eventually addressed the elephant in the room and said, 'Oh my God, I've met you before, I know you from somewhere.'"
The source says the pair tried to downplay their history, and told contestants they knew each other through mutual friends.
Despite there being no bad blood between the pair, things apparently turned sour when Lizzie, 27, heard that Nic, also 27, was blasting her behind her back to the other MAFS grooms and bragging about how he had dumped her after only one date because she was "a bigger girl than he had thought".
No doubt the news of Lizzie and Nic's secret romance would come as a major blow to Cyrell, 29, who is best friends with Lizzie.
Cyrell had a string of failed relationships before going on the show, including a broken engagement, and her brother Ivan is fiercely protective of her because he doesn't want to see his sister hurt again.
"Cyrell would absolutely lose it if she found out that Lizzie had not only dated Nic but had lied to her considering how strongly she's defended her on the show," a source says.
"Cyrell kept asking Lizzie to double date, but Lizzie kept making up excuses why she and Sam couldn't. But the real reason was she was trying to avoid an awkward situation with Nic."
Nic and Lizzie aren't the only MAFS contestants who have a romantic past. New bride Tamara matched with Michael on Tinder and they were hooking up for a number of months before the show began.
But the MAFS six degrees of separation doesn't end there! We're also told Ines dated newbie Dan's best friend, Michael dated Martha's bridesmaid, and Dino worked with Jessika and Bronson before the show, too. Talk about a small world!
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveToday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilySamantha Hayes shares her heartache after visiting a refugee camp in Jordan
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerJulie Anne Genter on bicycles, babies and what's going to make a better world
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 15, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Mick Gould has posed naked in the name of rural mental health
Now To LoveJun 14, 2019