A few months may have already passed since Married at First Sight filming wrapped, but for bride Elizabeth Sobinoff, it feels like only yesterday.
The morning after their wedding, her TV husband Sam Ball left for New Zealand to attend the funeral of his ex-girlfriend's mother.
And while Sam was dealing with the devastating circumstance, Elizabeth was left alone, trying to figure out why on earth she had joined the experiment if she couldn't get to know her new husband.
The 27-year-old sat down with Now to Love and revealed how being abandoned straight after her wedding and not hearing from her new groom still affects her to this day.
"I tried to be as honest as I could be," Elizabeth says. "I know a lot of people are saying - why would you act like that? But I wanted to be as real as possible."
"I tried not to sugar coat things. I know some people do to stop people from hurt feelings, but I needed to say what I was thinking with real emotions and say, 'I'm sorry guys, but this is what it is...'"
We watched as Elizabeth was left alone for days in Sydney with not so much as a text from her husband. Even after she made a phone call to him and left a voice message to find out how he was doing, he still didn't get in contact with her.
The fact that Sam was at a funeral had audiences questioning her behaviour - particularly because she was so furious that her "experience was ruined".
But to Elizabeth, no one quite understood what it was like to be in that situation.
"You're in a pressure cooker environment," she said. "So they [viewers] can have their opinion watching you because to them it's only taken an hour. In reality it was all taken over a huge spectrum and so a lot of emotions are condensed down."
"I'm not going to apologise for anything that I was doing."
Not hearing from Sam was trying for Elizabeth, and made a tough situation even worse.
"I thought, 'what am I even doing here?' Why am I in this experiment? I don't understand what's just happened and why there is no contact. I don't understand, I shouldn't even be here."
When asked if the producers told her anything, she said: "No but I tried! I would have screaming matches with them saying, I want to know, because 'what is the point of me being here'?"
While Elizabeth and Sam's marriage has been rocky from the start - let's not forget the controversial body shaming comments Sam made about his new bride at their wedding - Elizabeth is giving her groom the "benefit of the doubt" about leaving for the funeral.
"No one would lie about that," she says.
It's unclear what the future holds for this couple, but look forward to seeing Sam's dramatic entrance at the dinner party in the next episode. He'll certainly have some explaining to do.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am