Dino Hira is not your typical Married at First Sight participant.
In fact, out of the five seasons that have come before him, there has been no groom, or bride for that matter, quite like him.
The 34-year-old meditation coach takes good care of both his "mind and body" and is a "voice of reason", something that the experts thought would pair him well with the rambunctious Melissa Lucarelli.
But the Hong Kong-born reality star wasn't always this way.
In fact, it took a very serious break-up for him to change his lifestyle, overhauling his profession from stripper to an enlightened master of the universe.
In an exclusive interview, Now to Love sat down with one of the people who know him best - Dino's ex-fiancée, Michelle.
Michelle and Dino met in 2010 after the pair started chatting on Facebook thanks to a mutual friend.
"When I first met him, he was just really sweet," Michelle revealed. "Completely different to what I'd imagined in my head, from the photos I saw of him on Facebook."
"He was not the person I thought he was. I thought he was going to be a player, a party boy - but when I actually sat down with him and spoke to him, I was so surprised. He wasn't like that at all, if anything he was a little bit awkward!"
When Michelle met Dino, he was a stripper in Perth but after a few weeks of dating, Dino decided that he wanted [to give up that life to "make things serious".
"And that was it," she said. "He gave it up."
The pair dated for two years before he proposed - and even flew Michelle to Hong Kong to meet his parents.
While it seemed their relationship was to go the distance, Dino and Michelle split after three years together.
"If you had asked me a few years ago, I probably would have loved to tell you," Michelle admitted when asked why their relationship ended. "But, because we're friends now, I won't say too much, but I broke up with him.
"He did do something, but he was a completely different person to what he is now," she said. "He's always had a kind heart and I know that he is deeply sorry. He really is a good person."
After their break-up, Dino went through a "bad patch", however, Michelle believed that it was this time that sent him on the path to enlightenment.
During their relationship, she had given him a copy of the book, The Secret, and it was only after their split that he read it, thus inspiring his journey to enlightenment.
Now Michelle is a mum-of-two and she and Dino have become good friends again.
So what does she think of Dino going on the show?
"I was a bit worried that things from his past would come up," she said.
"When we spoke about it, he just took it in his stride and said, 'whatever people say about me, is not going to affect me.'"
"I know that a lot of people will say that he's there for the fame, which I'm sure for every one of them, there's that aspect, but I do honestly think that he wants to settle down and that he's always wanted that."
This is not Dino's first foray into reality TV. In 2018, he was previously seen looking for a date on reality series First Dates.
During his stint on First Dates, Dino tried hard to show his date all of these different elements that make up his life... including the trophy for taking out the title of 'Mr Australasia.'
So while Michelle and his "first date" were not meant to be, could Melissa be his true love?
We'll just have to wait and see.
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayToday 2:35pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan made a private visit to a women’s centre - her first appearance since stepping back
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveYesterday 10:50am
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:00am
- Career'I loved the fish and chips': Call The Midwife Jenny Agutter's trip of a lifetime to New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CareerSusan Boyle looks back on a magical 11 years since she shot to fame on Britain's Got Talent
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:28am
- At homeJennifer Lawrence is selling her stunning New York penthouse apartment
Now To LoveJan 15, 2020
- RoyalsWhy The Crown has changed the way we think about the royals
Now To LoveJan 15, 2020
- MindTaking on anorexia: 'How we saved my teenage daughter's life'
Now To LoveJan 15, 2020
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry issue a joint statement denying rift rumours
Now To LoveJan 14, 2020
- RoyalsWhy Princess Anne is just getting more and more popular
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 14, 2020