MAFS' Cyrell Jiminez-Paule has opened up about her new boyfriend, Love Island's Eden Dally, after cynics questioned whether they were really in a relationship.
Images of the pair first emerged in March when they were spotted together at a burger outlet in Sydney. But because Eden had only recently been romantically linked with MAFS' 'bad girl' Jessica Power, there was skepticism about whether their connection was real.
Cyrell has vowed to set the record straight, telling Now To Love Australia, "You want to know the truth?
"I'm sitting at Eden's house right now. He's upstairs and half the time I'm here - his neighbours even know my car now!"
Cyrell says the couple have been dating for three months, although she admits they got off to a rocky start.
"[There was a] rocky start, I'll admit, but you always end up falling for the ones you least expect and you find happiness when you're not even looking for it," she says.
"When I met him at Jules' [Robinson] birthday, I gotta tell you, I so did not like him," Cyrell admits. "But we kept on hanging out after that and he sort of grew on me slowly and I'm like, he's actually okaaay!"
So okay that Cyrell has introduced him to her fiercely protective older brother, Ivan, who told her MAFS groom Nic Jovanovic, in no uncertain terms, that he was better off out of Cyrell's life. (Nic has since spoken out about his 'horrendous' marriage to Cyrell, who became known as 'Cyclone Cyrell'.
Cyrell claims that Ivan has given the couple his approval.
"He really, really gets along with him [Eden]," Cyrell says. "So my next step is seeing how the rest of the family get along with him.
"He hasn't met my mum yet," she confesses. "But that is more me. I was really hesitant. Obviously what I just went through with the show - I know it wasn't a real wedding. I don't want to be that girl and be like, 'hey, here's this guy now'.
She says an introduction to the whole family is planned and her mum is curious to meet Eden.
As for Eden's family, his sister was the last to meet her.
"I've pretty much met his family and the last one I had to meet was his sister Ashley and that was very recent. So we're getting to those stages," Cyrell says.
Cyrell's life changed significantly since walking down the aisle to Nic on MAFS. One of the biggest changes was leaving her day job because she "couldn't balance" it all.
"I was really disappointed, I'd been at my job for a long time and it was not an easy decision to make," she says.
"I've had to quit my job and it's only very recent. I had to quit a few weeks ago. You only get opportunities like this once in a lifetime – I kind of felt like Eminem just then," she jokes. "Honestly, I'm just going with the ride. After a while I will go back to my day job and find something better."
Earlier this week Cyrell was announced as an ambassador for (Australian women's soccer team) the Matildas upcoming 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup campaign with Hyundai.
"How good is it?" she laughs. "When Hyundai contacted me and said what I was doing for the Matilda's, I was like 'legit'!
"It's so exciting. I am so happy to be supporting this. I've always been an opinionated and empowering woman, my main role is to team up with Hyundai and the Matildas to encourage and show them support with the messaging."
Cyrell is enlisting fans to write messages of support on a yellow Hyundai, which will then be flown to France to follow the women on their journey.
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayToday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 2:45pm
- TVDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup admits she was wracked with worry about dancing on the final show
Now To LoveYesterday 1:14pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyThis mum of four has rocked our world by revealing the truth about 'bouncing' back after having a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveJun 17, 2019
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveJun 17, 2019
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveJun 17, 2019